1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Panigale Track Noise Levels Thread

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Monners, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Can someone confirm please?

My bike- Panigale V4S with a Termi 4Uscite system.

Ignoring the loud day with Silverstone and Donny Ducati days. There’s no other “loud” days within the UK?

2. Donington do loud days. You’ll be ok on all loud days.
    And erm... well, hope you like Donington :)

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. the only track I know where they have cobbles in the braking zone to two of the corners ;-)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I have a day booked at Oulton on my 959 woth Akra system. It’s a 102 dB limit thoughts on this? Be ok?

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Messer, if you can get there on your bike before your day when the noise testers are there they’ll check your noise output.
    It’s what a friend did on his Ducaaaati.

6. Shoved these in will report back!

C8AECDA3-5158-4280-8D4E-CB1A4C7D4DB0.jpeg

7. There’s no noise testing at MSV tracks for the foreseeable, only black flags for ride bys, you’ll be fine.

8. How come? What’s the logic behind that whilst still mentioning variable DBS?

9. Logic is avoiding everyone crowding more than necessary in the paddock getting tested. A good move for those of us on proper bikes!

• Like Like x 1
  10. M.S.V were noise testing at Cadwell Friday 5th June.

11. Right you are! Just checked my email for 13th coming up!
    Although also checked my email for Oulton on the 9th and it says no testing. I’ve def read somewhere that there’s no noise testing anywhere either from NL or MSV but something much have changed.

A03EA00B-E4D2-4177-95D1-0D22BDBA4161.png

12. Perhaps with Cadwell not having a drive by noise meter might explain it .

• Like Like x 2
  13. Hi need to get some baffles for my 959 which has the full akra system. Are these the standard ones or after market?

14. Honestly I’m not sure. I think they might be made by Jhp but I’m not completely sure

15. Just thought I would let you guys know what happened on the 22nd at brands on my 899 as I can’t find any info on the 899 at brands with standard cans anywhere.

Apart from the complete loss of brakes it wasn’t a bad day. Only done two sessions on the 899 because of it but was enough to blow the ride by noise meter

The dreaded noise man with his stupid noise meter stick paid me a visit in the pit garage to tell me I blew 95db ride by and needed 92. Static was 103.5db. From what he said I couldn’t go back out on it even with standard exhaust.

Iv had problems at brands a few times with noise. I suggest to keep away from brands with the 899’s.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. I forgot to say - I was tested static at Cadwell.

959 with 1299 stock system.

Exhaust valve removed, sprint air filter and rapidbike fitted.

Came out just over 105db - wet mode and leaned over to the left.

Louder than I thought but still ok for cadwell.

Might be touch and go for 98db drive-by but I think I will be ok for anything above.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oh I also forgot to say, 959 with akra ti system, ran with baffles and fine at oulton with drive by testing

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. No problems today at Snetterton with noise levels. Im on an 1199 with standard exhaust but flap open and a BSD performance re-map. No static testing and with the noise meter at the Bombhole, you have got go be quick going through there on anything more than neutral throttle to make a lot of noise. As it was a road bike only day there were a few V2 Pani's and also RSV4's and a V4 Pani in the inter/fast group. I didn't see any one black flagged although there will be a few people crying into their beer to night after 4 red flags for offs

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Hi all, I’m interested in grabbing a 1299 which has the full termi system (reverse exit carbon cans). I know these are loud stock but wondered if such a system would be too loud for Silverstone with baffles fitted?

20. @Spud312r can i ask how effective these inlet db killers were? Did you run them with an additional outlet baffle? I've got a 959 with the underslung Ackra cans I'm trying to get down to 102Db static for Brands so was looking at the JHP extended outlet baffles but then saw your post about these so I'm wondering which will be more effective.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information