1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Panigale Track Noise Levels Thread

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Monners, Jun 15, 2016.

1. I think I'm one of the few people that actually welcomes them being quieter. It's very frustrating not being able to get onto track without sapping power with baffles, even more frustrating when even the baffles don't bring the noise level down to an acceptable figure!

2. Nope, agree, mine (899 termis) seems basically limited to Donnington and Cadwell and a few others as it tested at 103db with baffles. I'm actually tempted to put stock cans back on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I agree. They had been to Oulton a few times and had no problems passing the static

4. I have a 1299s with Full Akra system.

Cadwell 107dB with baffles 110dB without, drive by tests ok with baffles in not tested without.

Donington drive by no bother

Silverstone drive by no bother

Planning on racing the bike in NG sound of thunder this year so hopefully the 105db limit will be flexible?? Or hopefully they will test as per ACU regs not like at Cadwell where they just stick the meter on the exhaust!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Looking at doing Mallory Park in March on my new 899, 103DB. Will it be ok, I have the stock cans on her

6. So am I going to have even more dramas getting on track this year now I've changed to a 1299? Except of course the Ducati days at Silverstone and Donnington.

7. Be fine providing you leave the exhausts standard

• Like Like x 1
  8. I seriously doubt it rich:grinning:

9. Cheers Advikaz. I plan too but it does seem so much louder than the 899 also on standard and they were measured at 107 at Oulton. Are you doing the Ducati days?

10. It will be ACU regs, its racing. But....I don't know if they will let you on if you fail the test (like they do on trackways). May be worth asking them :)

11. Be worth calling them to see of they have a drive by you can be tested against. Mostly only MSV seem to let Panigales on if they fail;. And anglesey of course, no testing there ;)

12. Going to be interesting again on the OMCC days ;)

13. [QUOTE="Mr.R, post: 881783, member: 542".This tuning trick works pretty well on most (if not all?) DOHC Ducati's, it's just the amount of advance that changes, between models/cams.
    Check this out it only goes as far as the 1098's but the science is still the same-
    BikeBoy.org
    Steve R[/QUOTE]
    I remember Nigel (twpd) doing some magical work with his 800 mini twin by detuning power to the limit and flattening torque, and IIRC that was a combination of timing and fuelling via a PC. The dyno chart was incredible. Also the DD boys (the engineering ones like Ghost or mechanical like Tom) did that with great success, bring in max torque and holding it longer so they could pull higher gearing.
    Tuning: it's an art :upyeah:

14. So yesterday at Oulton there was a panigale R with the akrapovic system, a 1299 with standard system and a 899 with akrapovic cans all on track no problems....

• Like Like x 1
  15. Which group Adam?

16. they were in inters. Panigale R seemed to be going very well in my opinion

17. anyone had problems with an 899 with stock cans on Donington 98db days?

18. I'm guessing its the stock system Akra that has cats, nice to hear it at least gets on track but it's not exactly quiet though! I was black flagged at the end of the day with Termis on my 1199 even with baffles in but I was giving it some beans at that point.

19. Sorry yeah it was the stock system. I find them Strange with noise testing... my mate went and they said 104db...left it 5 minutes and went back having done nothing to his bike and they said 98db....

20. Right people, today I spoke to the man who runs msv trackdays whilst at bsb at brands.

This is how it is.....

You can run a panigale and won't have any trouble on a standard system. According to the guy who runs the noise testing for them, he can't recall a time where they've ever black flagged a completely standard panigale! Even at the top end of the fast group.
    There is no such rule banning termi's or akra's however he said they nearly always fail the static therefor you won't be allowed to play unless you can get it under the limit. It is apparently possible to get the termi or akra to pass the static, but they've apparently seen them blow rivets from being so restricted!

So to clarify, as we mostly knew if you are running a standard system on a panigale you are absolutely fine even if (and you probably will) fail the static.

Was talking to the guy for about half an hour about it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information