1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Panigale Track Noise Levels Thread

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Monners, Jun 15, 2016.

1. I some what naively bought my 1299 last December without realising it had a issue with the noise levels. Anyway will i be able to use the standard bike on a road bike day at my local track which is Donington?

2. Anglesey
    Pembrey
    Silverstone
    Any Spanish track
    Portimao
    Some French (not le mans or Spa probably)
    Brno

So a few will be ok ;)

3. I got in touch with no limits track days about their road bike only days at Donington and they said I would be ok with the standard cans on my 1299.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I was at Cadwell a couple of weeks back with no limits. 899, Standard cans, 105db.

5. Just done Brands GP with NL today, the first trackday on my 2015 1299s with standard cans. Noise limit was 101db and they told me to hold the revs at 5k with their meter right beside the end can- the result was 105db and was told by the marshall I wouldn't get on track and go away to sort the issue out.I complained to the other marshall who seemed to be in charge who checked that my can was standard and then allowed me onto the circuit.
    Than goodness they used common sense. Any how all waste of time in the end because it started to rain for the rest of the day and after only 10 laps went home at lunchtime.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I very nearly booked into the gp trackday, glad I didn't as the weather was shite!

7. Went to Cadwell last week on the 1299S with standard cans. Blew 102db at 5k rpm (warm engine to 98 degrees, in gear, clutch in and lean the bike as far as I dare to the left to limit sound reflecting off the floor) I'd love some termi's but I want to do loads of track days and don't want to have to swap the cans every month!

8. Mine was running about 75 degrees and was in neutral. Next at Snetterton on the 5th June will try your way DRRR117.

9. Putting the bike in to Wet mode should also help reduce noise a little.

10. Anyone done Cadwell on a Pani recently?

A friend booked me on for next week and I've just realised it's 102db. Mine's on std exhaust.

11. Tested at Snetterton 102db trackday this week, bike in gear,bike tilted to one side and 98 degrees temp. Hit 107db. The tester allowed me on track but said I need to go to a dealer to get my standard exhaust checked out-what a tosser.

12. Just an update

I did brands on my 1299. Was running 54's towards the end of the day and didn't have a single issue on the standard system.

13. Monday 12 June 2017, Cadwell Park, gen 2 Pani R with stock road Akra, wet mode and in gear, 103db at 5k rpm :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Thanks for the wet mode tip :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. I believe you... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. There was an 1199 and a 1299 in the same garage today at Donington and both were ok with the 98db drive by.
    The guy on the 1199 did smash it up on the second session of the day though so maybe he was pre empting the black flag. ;)
    I managed a full day on the 1098 with termis and baffles fitted but was black flagged once when in a group.

17. So is Castle Combe a non-starter then? I'm booked on the 27th Sept after a cancelled July day and as I live near Geneva it's going to be a long old and expensive trip to be turned away.
    I don't have a Panigale but each of my bikes are in race trim and run open Termis and I only have DB killers for the 998. Would I be better off staying at home or failing that renting a bike for the day?

18. I'd say its very very unlikely you will get on and I would look at hiring if you can find somewhere to get one?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information