1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Performance Igniter 900ss

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Pauldonjuan, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Plus it's plug and play and company support is very good

2. Cheers Ian, I’m just waiting on a reply from Ignitech for a price.

3. Ignitech stuff is really good. They other thing to think about is that ignitech has high output drivers which means that you can drive very low impedance coils. I'm running an ignitech on my gsxr11 with 0.6ohm coils.
    The setup and programming is dog simple as well, to get the best use from it, its well worth looking at a tps sensor, there are aftermarket kits available.

The man you want to talk to about all things ignitech and ducati 2v related is Liam Venter at Fast Bike Gear in New Zealand. He's a brilliant bloke and full of knowledge on these engines and the ignitech.

[email protected]
    www.fastbikegear.co.nz

He does an extended Ignitech manual, I've bought it, well worth the 10NZ dollars he charges.
    If I still had my SS, I would be running ignitech and some lovely profire low impedance coils on it by now with iridium plugs.

Drop Liam a line, a very busy man but well worth dealing with. :upyeah::blush:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cheers for the info, just reading about the gear on his site..

5. I went down the TPS route, Liam manufactured a TPS mount that attaches to the FCRs on my bikes, really helps smooth things out. Mine had to go to the Dyno to get setup but it's worth it. Once we start modding our bikes it's difficult to stop!

I agree with what Sev says, Liams a top bloke and very knowledgeable. The manual Liam wrote is worth it and explains the Ignitech unit a bit more. It should come as standard with the unit! The only problem is the shipping and taxes added onto the TPS mount etc from New Zealand. He does plenty of other tasty bits for our bikes to, including a hall effect ignition pickup......

• Like Like x 1
  6. Did you just get the preinstalled map with yours or a few different maps?
    Yes it's a shame he's not in the uk. I'll buy it from Ignitech.

7. It's the only way with Flatslides!
    and yes... modding is like pringles!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I love Pringles!

The Ignitech they produce to replace the Kukosans is preinstalled with a similar map to standard. They advance on the Kukosans only has 2 steps. Iirc it's 6 and 36 degrees advance only. The Ignitech is so much better and adjustable. So if you buy direct from Ignitech you get it ready to go. You just plug it in and it'll run. There's the added advantage of extra features such as shift light which is pretty cool. It's also quite a bit cheaper than buying replacement boxes, which makes it a no brainer to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. So any non standard 900SS would benefit from an Ignitech setup then?

• Like Like x 1
  10. Really any ss would benefit, when the stock ones die. Also frees up space as well. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. I got the Ignitech unit, looks a well made piece of kit. Decent length lead so can get it under the seat.
    Had a read of the 40 page manual :bucktooth: I guess the map Ignitech supply with it is a good starting point. I've just set my base advance and put the rev limit down to 9000.
    Hopefully I'll get to try it tomorrow :motorcycleduc:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Its a good start point and will allow you to grow the system as needed.
    Before you start playing with curves you’re better off getting a tps kit as this will help the unit a lot.
    Your unit has got high output drivers so you can run low impedence coils as well :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. I’ve been having great fun with this Ignitech. Making new maps with a bit more advance and a map switch on the handle bars to switch 3 deg retard, to check the difference, I think if you want the last bit of bhp you can squeeze out of it then a dyno is the way. For real time road riding the seat of your pants works great, the bottom end tractability from 2000 rpm with a bit more retard is Worth trying out.... nobody seems to share and show maps that I can find on the internet, might be worth starting something on here ?

• Like Like x 1
  14. I fitted an ignitech to my 944cc with 41mm flatslides and even with the std maps the bike runs so much cleaner low down. Also the hangup with the flatslides coming back to idle has 90% disappeared. Recommended.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. bikemad - did you fit a tps at the same time or just the ignitech unit on its own?

16. I’ve just put the Ignitech on. My bike has std carbs dynojetted. It’s runs fabulous so I’m not bothering with the tps, if it had fcr’s I might think differently.

17. I'd like to look into fitting a TPS but at the moment its just a plug and play. The mob I bought mine from(in Oz) gave no instructions what so ever so I had to go on youtube to see which plugs went to which cylinder. I would love to get a hold of some detailed instructions! I have another '97 900ss with 41mm flatslides(std pistons) and I'm looking at buying a ignitech for that.

18. Mine has fcr's so maybe the tps route would benefit it!!

19. You can get the proper manual from Liam at fast bike bits nz

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. So is Liam at Fastbikegear an easier route for buying rather than direct, even factoring in the custom charges and time to get here etc?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information