1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Performance Igniter 900ss

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Pauldonjuan, Oct 5, 2018.

1. He charges 10 nz dollars, about £5 it comes by email. Well worth it.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Absolutely, well worth it. Liam does the TPS mount kit.

It depends, I got my Ignitech direct from the Catch Republic, but if you are ordering stuff from Liam in addition it may be worth getting everything

3. Has anyone here had their 900ss setup on a dyno with the Ignitech? I'm curious what optimum rpm maximum advance starts going by the dyno?
    I've done lots of trying different curves out on the road, I can't feel any difference with max advance starting at 3000 or 4000 rpm.
    Cheers.

4. I have, but I don't have the map to hand at the moment. Can get it over weekend?

5. Yes it’ll be great to see your map out of interest.

Cheers.

6. Hi Ian, did you manage to have a look at the map you’re using?
    Cheers.

7. Sorry, totally forgot, been pretty busy building another SS, my 93 is sorned. I'll look this morning

8. Ok cheers. Sounds like you have as much fun as I do with the old Duc’s

9. Ordered the ignitech direct and the TPS from Liam at FastBikeGear. Looking forward to getting it.
    Ian I would be interested in seeing that map also if possible?

10. Hey, you’ll have great fun with it. It is a great piece of kit. It’s great trying the differences in different curves especially for low down tractability on road riding. I’m just curious where the Dyno operator figures optimum where maximum advance starts. I’ve got mine at 3500 rpm at the moment. I’m trying out on my Elefant now.

11. Ok, I got my laptop out and it all set up, however as the bikes a little torn down I'm gonna have to do it over the weekend as I noticed there's a few connectors needing hooked up and I ran out of time today.

12. Cheers Ian, no worries..

13. The Ignitech box I fitted to my 97 M900 over the summer has transformed it, I'm sure you'll be pleased with it.
    I have another now ready to fit to my 900SS Project.

Nasher.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Ok, as promised!! It's set up with the TPS so I included the 2D and the 3D versions. I use one of the outs for the shift light, which is currently set at 8000 as it revs a lot easier than a standard engine. I'll probably reduce this down as it doesn't need to be up there to enjoy. Hope it helps. I can list my mods if you need 20181110_112754.jpg 20181110_112908.jpg 20181110_112921.jpg 20181110_113048.jpg

15. Hi Ian, Thanks for the pics, it's really interesting to see. I'm amazed at the amount of advance you have at the top end... are you running high comp pistons too?
    Here's a couple of pics as to what Ive figured out works on my bike for a comparison if anybody is interested......

#55 Pauldonjuan, Nov 10, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  16. I am indeed running JE high comps

17. Great to see both set ups, I will set mine up with the TPS and start with the supplied map but really unsure about adjusting etc. Apart from the FCR's, open air box, K&N filter and a lightend flywheel mine is standard with regards to pistons etc.

18. Update on mine...Ignitech unit arrived this morning with lead set up for the TPS when that arrives from NZ. Couldn't wait so bolted it on and went for a quick blast!! Stock map and can defo feel the difference low down, bike seems to run alot smoother low down and then pull cleanly from there. Seat of the pants stuff but it does feel more urgent. Be interesting to see if the TPS will improve it when that arrives. I have no idea about changing the curve for the better regarding the advance etc so may have to get it on a dyno. Question for those in the know...does that mean the dyno would need to run the ignitech software to adjust the map etc?

19. You can download the software easily from their website. You could leave your laptop with them, but they may want it on their computers, ask them. For the TPS all you do is set up the 2D map and then click the box for TPS and set the 0 throttle and 100% throttle voltage levels. Then when you click the TPS map it automatically comes up with a basic 3D map, which can further be fine tuned. Hope that makes sense

20. Hi Ian, ok thanks for the advice. with regards to the TPS when setting are the voltage levels set automatically or do they need to be manually set? Is it a case of fully closed to fully open and they set themselves, bit like a PC3 setup.
    Thanks for the advice.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information