1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Quickshifter

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Vader, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Hi all. Anyone have an issue with the DQS? Mine keeps going into fault then clears for a while then back into fault.
    At most it’s 4 years and 8500miles old, which isn’t very good.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. My 1299 is on its 4th QS now after 4 years.
    This one is starting to give me trouble too now.
    I'm sure it's a known problem with many people reporting issues on here, and also that ducati keep bringing out a revised part with new parts numbers etc so they must know it's an issue!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Never ending issues with mine. It's mainly the blipper for me. I have to use the clutch now to make sure I don't get thrown into a barrier at 160mph, but it's really frustrating. I'd really like to use it as designed. Had 2 other people on my track day say they had issues earlier too. I bought a translogic quickshifter and it helped a little, but not loads.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Yep it’s well documented even on late bikes! Your either lucky and get a trouble free unit or totally the opposite. The thing that annoys me is some dealers seem to think the problem is some kind of imaginary myth:mad: I had the same issues on my late V4S before switching over to a HM direct replacement unit. Still had to jump through bloody hoops to get the main stealer to change the OE unit under warranty. MotoRapido seem to think it was a tyre calibration issue when I’d already been through the discussion about resetting it. Still had the same symptoms of no blipper downshift whatsoever, going up was good and worked as it should. Apparently they have never come across this issue before:rolleyes: Then went on to blame my LighTech Rearsets! funny enough it worked flawlessly with the HM unit setup:thinkingface: Very disappointed service indeed:confused: In fact when the bike was booked in to be looked at they clarified it was indeed faulty and that I would receive the newer updated version 3 unit;) wasted a whole day pissing about with what should have been an easy warranty replacement:bucktooth: even had to change the footpegs back to the original ones to prove my point…. Very Fecking annoying : unamused: these people should be more clued up on ongoing QS issues, past and present!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. The OE QS on my V4S behaved flawlessly :laughing: I know, I know, very unusual. I'd read so many tales of woe regarding the QS I bought the HM plug and play to stick in my tool kit just in case. I've since fitted it and carry the OE as a spare.

6. Similar denial Re the continuing clutch bleed issue on 1299’s.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Thanks all. mine isnt under warranty, just wondering weather to waste another £200 on another?
    As its already set up would a new one just be plug and play? or a trip to the stealers?

8. OEM should be plug and play as with most aftermarket ones. Do check though as you can get some trick stuff that's a lot more involved

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Thanks Jamie

10. I replaced my QS with a Translogic when the OE failed. It was an easy install just plug and play.

11. Thanks, spoke to my local Ducati dealer today, said they can replace just the micro switch and cable for £82 so I’m going with that

Do Not Sell My Personal Information