1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati/raptor 1000

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by sharksqb16, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Having had a look at to see why wheel's where out of line by 14 mm, I found that one of the swing arm pivot point's was 5 mm further back than the other one and it was out of level with the other one by 5 mm again. Oh dear silly buggers.
    Another problem I did find was that the Cagiva engine runs a 530 pitch chain and the Aprilia rear wheel sprocket run a 525 pitch chain. Do you think I can find 525 sprocket for the engine or a 530 rear sprocket. At the moment I have a bought a set of 520 pitch race sprockets to help line up sprockets which are double the price of normal sprockets. Any one no if there are 530 pitch sprockets available for RSV Mille or 525 pitch sprocket's for Cagiva. My other option i suppose is have a look for a Cagiva rear wheel on ebay and see what they look like any suggestion thanks.

2. Sprocket-wise you could try B&C, I've had sprockets made to my own dimensions before. Interesting project. Now I've got my own workshop nearly up and running I'm starting to think of a creation to keep me busy.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. What a great wild build:upyeah:
    I used the Cagiva wheel with the RSV swingarm on my Raptor.
    I think thats the easiest and cheapest way to make it.

4. Thanks, Have thought of this, only found one rear wheel for a Cagiva, asking to much money for it and it's not complete need disc and rear sprocket carrier. Got the two Aprilia wheels for song. will sort something one way or another. Have not done a lot to it lately other bikes and stuff getting in the way at the moment.

5. With some spaceres and some grinding you make fit more or le every thing on the bike!
    Look at the pics, Raptor with Gixer fork, Aprilia Swingarm and R1 rear damper.

B134359D-E389-4006-B4CF-B30726D8FDFE.jpeg

5367B690-7461-490D-BA15-3BCEA19F5F47.jpeg

6. Yes I agree with you. I have now a complete front end of Aprilia RSV mille fitted straight on. I am trying to keep the project mainly Italian I have some MV part's lined up.

7. That’s a good point of vew!
    We all knows that Öhlins fork comes from Sweden but it’s part of the oem equipment at the Italian bikes so I suppose.....:upyeah:

View attachment 104479

8. P1130002.JPG P1130003.JPG P1130004.JPG Been tinkering, got MV F4 seat unit which i like the look of the seat pad came from USA half the price inc postage than anything here. Got a sub frame coming from Italy again inc p&p half the price of whats on ebay here, just got to wait for it before chopping the rear frame off. Tired a 916 tank just didn't look right to me, got a TL tank for a tenner, fits like it was made for it just a couple of minor mods when i am happy with it.
    I got some idea of how i want the faring to look anyone got ideas or opinion what might look good.
    Having fitted a Aprilia rear end any one no of a rear shock the same length as the RSV Mille with a remote reservoir as the shock at the moment has fixed and is in the way of where i want to route exhaust, so i can look for cheap ones to try and make work. shock length is from bolt hole centers 300/315mm long.
    On lower shock linkage there is an arrow is this just simply for this way forward or is there a reason for it. P1130002.JPG

P1130003.JPG

P1130004.JPG

P1140006.JPG

P1140006.JPG

#28 sharksqb16, Jan 13, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  10. On the air filter, I presume it rests in the bottom half below the seam line? If that is the case would removing the top of the airbox above the seam line give you more tank fitment options?

11. Never thought of that. Thanks. Air box is from TL1000s had to cut in a couple of places and heat it up and use metal tube to from shape to fit in between frame tubes. When I finale decide on tank/air box will determine what lugs bit's of frame to be modified

12. MV F4 seat unit fitted, waiting for some parts from MV for seat unit sub frame been six weeks now:expressionless:, never like the engine brackets so scraped them, made others. Every thing stripped off now, frame going to be welded up properly.:)

P3180007.JPG

P3180006.JPG

• Like Like x 2
  13. Did you ever finish this project? as I’m looking to do a similar one and would be interested in how your frame turned out with the rear engine brackets and what front end you used ect.
    ive got a st2 frame and a tl1000r and about to set about it. so any help would be appreciated thanks in advance

14. I’m also interested in how you finally fitted the RSV swing!
    I have just bought a ST4s to make some nice styled Superlight inspired bike, and an RSV swing is always beautiful….

Do Not Sell My Personal Information