1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Ducati Release New Akrapovic Race System Db Killers

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Android853sp, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Mine will be fitted in a few weeks time at the 600 mile service. I’m told that it brings the noise levels to not far off the stock exhaust. How much ‘not far off’ actually is I don’t know. If it hits the claimed 107db, that’s not bad ...... isn’t it ? Andy

2. Looking here .. https://www.ducati.com/ww/en/accessories/ACC011062

Its supposed to drop it to 107db which is over our tracks limits apart from donni noisey day.. driveby may be ok though.. its just the static test which will defo fail..

I've heard that a lot of the static test noise is mechanical rather than exhaust, which is good for tracks with driveby tests, but Cadwell only has a static test i think... so god knows how were going to get it through there which is 105db static

I wonder if put in street mode (set up engine low power), in gear etc will help...

3. I also want to take mine to track days, I just did the Brands California Superbike School but rented one of their V4s the max db level for the day was 102. I’m not sure my Akra race would ever get below that! Which is annoying as it’s not quite using its full potential riding to Rye for breakfast.... does anyone know the most lenient U.K. tracks and max levels and what about European track day tracks are they as strict...

4. And to confirm a 4 cylinder over 750cc static test is at 5500rpm 0.5m away at 45’ angle. Just downloaded sound meter app so be interesting to see what the dB level is....

5. Never been tested on a European track day and it’s probably a bit far away but Knockhill never test anything.

6. Tested my R previously at Cadwell and was 108.7db without baffle and 108.1db with :/

7. Did they let you ride or was it just a test ?

V4 Standard its around 107db

8. just tested my v4 with full akra system, pipewerx inlet baffles and new akra exit baffle and a shorter one made up for left silencer- in lower power mode, slowly increasing revs to 5500rpm , db meter at .5m 45 degrees = 105db

;)

gets me past cadwell static , i'll then remove the exit baffles , as it passes oulton 89db /snetts 92 ride by with just the pipewerx inlet baffles - weel chuffed

• Like Like x 1
  9. That sounds promising....
    Where did you purchase the pipewerx inlet baffle and Akra
    exit baffle and did you shorten the left one or was it off the shelf

10. inlets were from here - just ask for 60mm ones for a panni v4

- https://www.pipewerx.co.uk/webshop/...-hawk-silencers-with-our-standard-52mm-inlet/

outlets were a combination of the new Akra baffles 96481631A [​IMG]

and i made up the exit short angled baffle for the left exhaust one from these cheap chinese ebay baffles , i had to cut one, and weld it at an angle to fit.

upload_2019-6-11_9-35-24.jpeg

11. Just read some of your comments about the db killers, so just curious of some of your findings. Had my V4s delivered yesterday with the full system fitted and noticed the db killers in the box of bits they took off the bike, someone mentioned switching to street mode just wondered if it made it worth while fitting them.
    Love the sound as it is, but hey ho if I’ve got them I might as well ask if they are worth fitting or just another part to find a home for.

12. worth noting with the modern Ducati's that they use the exhaust valve to control noise also, so when people say "my V4R was 107Db standard" it won't be the whole way through the engine revs when fitted with the valves. In the case of my new V2, when you got to 3500rpm the exhaust valve just totally shut and the bike sounded like someone had put their hands over the exhaust outlet, but it's because of where it was homologated for road use, then it gets much louder. My current MV has various movements of the exhaust valve to control torque but also noise.

The big thing with Ducati's has always been that the systems and even the half systems with upmaps disable the valve, so you don't get 'away with it' through the lower RPM's e.g coming off corners where the noise meters are etc.

It's a shame manufactures have ended up in this position but it is what it is, the car guys have already got OPF filters etc for a while now so in even more restrictive positions.

13. Not convinced the Mk2 db killers made a big difference. Certainly not road or UK track compliant, unless it's a Donington noisy day. Andy

14. Thread resurrection...

I don't want to tempt fate, but the Akra kit as pictured above has got me through noise tests at Snetterton (twice, evening... noise tester said "just") and have been fine at Silverstone on 2 days, including yesterday
    A friend on an RSV4 1000 with an Akra (without baffle) got pinged yesterday which surprised me.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information