1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Sport Classic 1000 Monoposto For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Iceman, Jun 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sadly it looks like I have to sell my Ducati :( Wife doesn't seem to be convinced that I NEED two bikes, because we apparently also need a kitchen or something like that ;) The bike will be going on eBay in the next day or two, but I thought that someone here may be interested (or know someone who is). It's a brilliant and rare bike and once finances allow, I'll be definitely buying another one :)

Ducati Sport Classic 1000 monoposto in yellow
    2007 on 57 plate
    4850 miles
    Full service history, belts were done last year
    MOT until May 2015 (no advisories, only had its MOT done a couple of weeks ago)
    Tax until the end of October

Comes with:

Termignoni slip ons and ECU
    Small black bar end mirrors
    Black CNC fluid tanks with clear hoses
    Full R&G crash protection kit (frame and both axles)
    Open clutch cover with Oberon pressure plate and spring caps
    Tail tidy with a small number plate
    Corse Dynamics low profile dash mounts
    Higher clip-ons (like on 2008 biposto model)
    14t front sprocket

All original parts are included and all mods are bolt-on, so it can be easily returned to 100% original state. Comes also with a spare front tyre.

The only downside is that I dropped it at a low speed and there is a visible scratch on the exhaust (please see photos).

All paperwork present, both keys plus the red key, no outstanding finance, all previous MOTs and a pile of receipts.

Always garaged and really looked after. Brake and clutch fluid changed about a month ago. Both tyres have plenty of thread left. If I have a chance I'll change oil before the sale.

I'm happy to answer any questions or arrange a viewing in Cambridge or nearby.

Looking for about £8300, but I'm open to offers close to this figure :) Even at asking price it's still the cheapest SC currently on the market.

photo-1.jpg photo-3.jpg photo-9.jpg photo-10.jpg photo-11.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi,

Can you confirm how badly the exhausts are scratched and if they are dented?
    Let me know when you list it.
    Thanks.

3. The scratches on the cans are quite visible and the bottom one is slightly dented (flattened). There is also a much smaller mark on the front downpipe. I never sorted it out (it happened last autumn) because I was planning to put Zards on or get a custom system made, or wrap the headers and change the cans.
    Here is the only close up photo I have, but I'll be taking some more before I put the bike on eBay.

photo-8.jpg

4. Yeah, I'm also sad to see it go. More than any bike I owned before, but like I said - I'm sure I'll get another one in the future... maybe Paul Smart for a change :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Apologies for the hijack but what make of tail-tidy?

6. Not 100% sure as it was fitted by the previous owner, but I think it's made by Palatov Motorsport.

7. Why don't you spend £500 on some cans and raise the price of the bike by £2000?

8. I just want to sell it without too much hassle. I could just put stock cans on if I wanted to hide the fact it was dropped.

The bike is now on eBay with some newer photos.

Ducati Sport Classic 1000 monoposto | eBay

9. Hi I may be interested, would you take £7500?

10. Sent you a PM.

11. SOLD

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information