1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Streetfighter V4 Elected The ‘most Beautiful Bike’ At Eicma 2019!

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Nov 11, 2019.

• 36.7% of voters declared Ducati’s new super-naked bike to be the ‘queen’ of the Show
    • Ducati wins the fifteenth edition of the prestigious award for the tenth time
    • The 77th edition of EICMA, the world’s most important trade fair of the sector, closes with great success

Milano, 10th November 2019The Streetfighter V4 has been selected as "Most Beautiful Bike of the Show” at EICMA 2019, the world’s most important trade fair of the sector. The verdict was decreed by the general public, which participated in large numbers, crowding the pavilions of the Milan-Rho International Fair in its five days of opening, and who voted at the Show or online.

The "Vote and win the most beautiful bike of the Show" competition, organized by the Italian magazine Motociclismo in collaboration with EICMA, reached its fifteenth edition this year, and for Ducati this is the tenth victory. Over 14,500 enthusiasts expressed their preference and the Streetfighter V4 was the most voted motorcycle by both visitors to the Fair and users of the Motociclismo site. The new super-naked Ducati took first place with 36.7% of voters and a considerable advantage over the second-placed bike.

The ballot of the votes received took place on Sunday 10th November, the final day of the Show, and was followed by the official ceremony outside on the stage of MotoLive in the presence of Giacomo Casartelli, Executive Director of EICMA and the Editor-in-Chief of Motociclismo Federico Aliverti, who presented the prestigious award.

The award for the Borgo Panigale Company was picked up by Andrea Ferraresi, Ducati Design Center Director: “We are particularly proud to receive this award in a competition where all the manufacturers participate with their flagship models and the general public of EICMA, the most important motorcycle fair in the world, has elected the Streetfighter V4 as the most beautiful".

The ceremony for the "Most Beautiful Bike of the Show" was the last act of an intense week of exhibition and events that saw over half a million visitors at EICMA, an increase compared to 2018, confirming the positive signs of recovery coming from the motorcycle sector.

Right from the first day of opening the public crowded the Ducati stand. First among the three totally new bikes to be presented is the Streetfighter V4, the super-naked with high and wide handlebars, 178 kg in weight, Desmosedici Stradale 1,103 cc engine with 208 hp, biplane wings and a latest generation electronic package. The result of this "The Fight Formula" is an exaggerated, modern and technological Ducati naked with an aggressive and exciting design. A bike that does nothing to hide top-of-the-segment performance, but which guarantees enjoyment and fun even in daily use.

In addition to the "queen” of the Show, the completely renewed Panigale V2 and the 2020 version of the Panigale V4, the most sold sports bike in the world in the last two years.

Five new versions have also been introduced for 2020: the Multistrada 1260 S Grand Tour, the Diavel 1260 in the new “Dark Stealth” colouring and the Diavel 1260 S in “Ducati Red”, the Monster 1200 “Black on Black” and finally the Scrambler Icon Dark. Interest and great acclaim also surrounded the two Scrambler DesertX and Scrambler Motard concepts, which polarized the attention of the public, as well as for the three new Ebikes presented by the Borgo Panigale company in collaboration with Thok: the exclusive MIG-RR Limited Edition, the MIG-S and the E-Scrambler.

1. Scrambler motard concept? Are they mixing the two bikes together ? If so I do hope they call it the scrotard

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  2. You have now, that will stick o_O

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. Ffs

Honesty does anyone take these awards seriously? It's a new Ducati, must mean it's beautiful....jesus :joy:

Cmon, it looks alright but beautiful it ain't, someone got paid ;)

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. It is quite nice to be fair but I don’t know about beautiful

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. That's more like it, the 'quite nice' award

Beautiful though? :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. That says something about the other bikes on show :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Hey, I like the kex that bird was wearing. I'll have myself a pair of those.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Nice ent they, I wear mine under my leathers cos I like the feeling on my skin

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. They are all pig ugly then going by that hmmmmm

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Either that or Ducati 'look after' the team making these decisions year on year

11. Over 14,500 enthusiasts made the decision ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Those voters must have some scary looking other halves if that’s beautiful.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. That's a lot of Ducati club presidents

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. Has to be one of the least attractive Ducati’s for years imo,

Looks like somebody’s took the back off a red washing machine!!

If the headlamp gets any lower down the forks it’ll be touching the front wheel!
    Not even a hint of practicality, the wind blast will be horrendous and you’ll still have 120 horses to go.
    Would it have killed Ducati to raise the headlamp up a bit and added a little flyscreen?
    Would have kept all the dead fly’s off the back of the clocks as well.
    But I suppose they’ll sell you that later for a mere £300!

At least the Tuono has the tiny nose cone fairing to take the edge off the windblast.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Did they miss the mv stand?????

• Face Palm Face Palm x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Meh.
    Neither great looking or even really usable on the road imo. But then I do ride a GS so maybe I have (very) blurred vision and not the intended audience!

17. Agree. It's cool and all that but some of the concepts looked better and it doesn't look like a lot of effort went into the design. At least the 1098SF looked different but related to the superbike as the tank and seat unit were new but this just looks like someone 'fightered a Pani V4 and I wish they'd been a bit more bold with the styling.

Kind of agree with that but apart from the Superveloce, which isn't strictly a new bike, as they showed the concept last year, it seems MV have just been producing endless variants and facelifts of the same bike, albeit a beautiful one (I owned a Brutale myself a while back), for decades.

#18 Zhed46, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. It looks like the same bloke who designed the v4 pani, designed the v4 street fighter.

On the plus side, both bikes should see a reduction in the amount of ducati's stolen

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. What about this little glamorous baby? :heart_eyes:

upload_2019-11-12_17-38-5.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information