1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Superbike Gallery

Discussion in '848 / 1098 / 1198' started by Rob, Mar 3, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Was a lovely evening for a ride

IMG_6329.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  2. The 1098R arrived on Friday evening. I raced it yesterday, after some technical teething trouble.

[​IMG]

Got the bins in the photo :smile:

• Like Like x 7
  3. 916 Sunday

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
    • Like Like x 5
  4. Is that the infamous Blue Oyster Bar...? :Mooning:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. They should probably painted it a different colour...:Artist:

7. You made me chuckle guys :grinning:
    If its good for oysters its good for bikers. LOL

• Like Like x 5
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. IMG_4786.jpg IMG_4787.jpg IMG_4788.jpg
    So here's a few pics from other night of my 848 down in Topsham Quay... It's had a load of carbon thrown at it but other than that is completely standard as far I can tell.... Should be getting some termi's soon....

• Like Like x 5
  9. Just think pearl white is the business

10. Isabella is finally 99% finished :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  11. Hiya, sorry for late reply! (Old post about real capacity of 18 litre tank).
    Actually got my sh*t together and did the tank run dry test a couple of weeks ago. Took a 5l can on the back to get me to the next fuel station.

So, light came on intermittently after about 108 miles of fairly spirited riding. I wasn't trying to make the fuel last longer than it normally would. Light stayed on permanently after about 110 miles. Continued normal riding and the fuel ran out at 145 miles. That's 35 miles on reserve. By the way, the bike just stopped, like hitting the kill switch i.e. no warning it was going to stop!

I then added what I had in the plastic can (about 4.5 litres as it was not completely full) and rode 8 miles to station (not much used there). I then filled the tank completely and was able to add...wait for it... 11.6 litres!!

Hmmmmm. That makes me think that even with errors due to guesswork taken into account I would not expect to get in more than 16 litres total. Not far off the 18 if you take the fuel pump assembly volume into account, but defo not 18! There are of course air gaps in the tank that you can't fill without overspill, so maybe it is the true volume. It's just not the capacity of a normal fill you would expect.

Now, If I had just tried this with the original tank..... Anyone???

12. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  13. ^^
    Is that Benidorm :beer::beer:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. I'm not sure the residents would thank you for that ;)

Monaco, Grand Prix day

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. IMG_20170804_161250.jpg
    My old 748 and my recently purchased 1098s which needs a little bit of work but is absolutely unreal.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information