1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Supersport / Supersport S As A First 600cc+ Bike

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by DamianU, Feb 4, 2018.

?
  1. Yes- You’ll be fine, just don’t be a d*** and respect the bike’s performance

95.0%
  2. NO- You are going to end up in a Virgin Ambulance helicopter

5.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. I'm in Southall, not far at all. Meeting a few at the ace next Sunday 12 ish, no big deal at all just a cuppa and chat.
    come joins us if ya free.. Don't worry about ya current ride either, I've turned up there on my ex's vclik...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hi,have you got 666 tatooed on your head?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Well yes he has...

Chizel.jpg

• Face Palm Face Palm x 2
  4. As @Exige says, go for it.
    It's amazing how you get used to extra power but don't try and do too much too soon. Take it really easy at first and allow your confidence and skills to build

• Like Like x 1
  5. What kind of question is that??!!
    Wouldn’t be much of a Damian if I hadn’t.
    It was done using a branding iron actually...

• Like Like x 2
  6. Thanks a Bunch. I appreciate your comment. Will take it slowly, I have no intention of ending up on the organ donor list.

7. Thanks chizel, if I get some time next weekend i will make my way there..
    Did you really go there with a vClick? Balsie :-D
    My current ride is very stock but I will pretty it up with a tail tidy and perhaps a lighter exhaust. Behold my current beauty:

57BD8683-F6C5-4864-BA08-299968379BB2.jpeg

8. Mmmm, Chizel was born with his :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Welcome Damo, a mate of mine at work did direct access a couple of years back and asked my advice what to get from a list of three bikes ranging from 600 to 1200, so I said, get the 1200 (Multistrada) and take it easy, cause if you get the 600 and in three months ya get bored, it'll cost a small fortune to change again. He bought a GSX650F in the Feb, and by the June he was on a Multistrada cause he said the "GSX just didn't have enough power" (His words, not mine)

So, again, my two penneth for what it's worth, buy your Supersport, and treat with a little respect, all will be well, and you'll be more likely to keep it for a longer period of time, if you get what you want to start with. :upyeah:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Why not keep the 125 as a winter commuter?
    Shame to subject a brand new Ducati to salted roads.
    They don’t like it up em Captain Mainwaring...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Thanks a lot Wayne!
    Really appreciate the real life story. I was told by other colleagues on the forum that the bills
    For dropping a Ducati and other rookie mistakes can be tall but I was under the impression that getting a bike that does not make me happy, modifying it and eventually upgrading after a year or less would be an even higher cost...
    You just confirmed my feelings. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thanks a lot Wayne!
    Really appreciate the real life story. I was told by other colleagues on the forum that the bills
    For dropping a Ducati and other rookie mistakes can be tall but I was under the impression that getting a bike that does not make me happy, modifying it and eventually upgrading after a year or less would be an even higher cost...
    You just confirmed my feelings. Cheers!

13. Thanks Old Rider,
    The 125 is staying with me for at least two more years. My wife will be doing her CBT, tail end of this year and then she will spend the whole of 2019 riding it. After that, we will see if she wants to ride something bigger. I will be using it in the winter, no doubt!
    After we are done with it, the bike will go to our nephew, so we can get the “no1 uncle and aunt” reward, highly credited by the youths but surisingly criticised by parents :-D

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Great plan :)

• Like Like x 1
  15. My niece has just completed her licence through the direct access route. She will be collecting her Monster 821 on Monday the 12th from Ducati Winchester. She has never ridden a bike with 110 bhp, nor ABS, nor all the other things that the new bike has.
    She is collecting it on her own and riding it back ti the Shaftesbury area all on her own and after the training that she has had, I have no worries about her.
    I bought my first new big bike, a BMW R750, when I was 18 and survived with the lack of training and a simple test back then, and survived it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I’m in the camp that think you will be fine. But personally I wouldn’t buy a new bike as you get your full license simply due to the cost of insurance and any repairs if you do drop it. It’s really easy to drop it stationary or something and cost yourself a whole bunch of money.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Thanks Bob, very good to hear your story.
    Very best of luck to your niece!

18. I've dropped my bike more in recent years ( about 4 times in the last 5 years) than I ever did when I was young. Spent 2 years building my 748, had it home 2 days and dropped it in my workshop!!!! Crashed 50 feet from my house doing 15 mph resulting in 3 busted bones and 5 months off work.
    bad luck and shit happens to all ages and skill levels...
    that is not to say the young man is bullet proof and shouldn't take care.
    but the pro's of having the bike ya want outway the cons IF you know ya limitations...

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. In the words of UB40.... Red red wine?? :party::party::party:

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. only the once ( and tbh I didn't count that one!)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information