1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Supersport / Supersport S As A First 600cc+ Bike

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by DamianU, Feb 4, 2018.

?
  1. Yes- You’ll be fine, just don’t be a d*** and respect the bike’s performance

95.0%
  2. NO- You are going to end up in a Virgin Ambulance helicopter

5.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. @DamianU

If getting an SS, definitely invest in Bike Trac, Road Lok and Almax chain and lock if you are to be using it in West London, and a massive dose of paranoia that unless (and even when so) it is chained to something solid it will be gone. I have had two gone now so feel like an expert on the subject, unfortunately.

My last one went from Mortlake, not far from you. Apparently a real hotspot for thefts, i presume as it is an affluent area.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Oh you’re in London? I’m now sure I’d buy a Ducati in London with the thefts the way they are. I’m scared every time I leave mine alone in Bristol
    for more than 5 mins.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. When I first saw this thread I thought you meant an old SS so voted the first option then read it properly I still think go for it but get extra training as it’s a new bike

I took my test at 40 no previous experience apart from pillion, did my cbt in a day straight to learning on a 500 and my first big bike was the older 600SS
    The multi 1000ds was a doddle to ride but didn’t compare to the input I liked with the SS

These bikes do have stings in their tails so respect it and it will respect you

Bloody enjoy and make sure it’s red :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. Thanks Pavey, really appreciate it.
    All the above you mentioned + 2no oxford monster locks and I am renting a space in a garage. I am aware of the theft going on in my area. It is shameful. Also brings up the price for insurance...
    I already have my little 125 suzuki all chained, locked and bike tracked. So far since OCT I’ve been ok. My friend two streets down, not so much, 3 or 4 attempts to get his mt125. I guess I’m just lucky. On that basis I think I’ll be just leaving it on the high street at night :-D

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hate to disappoint,
    I’ll have red... alloys on m white Supersport S :-D

Thank you for your story. Really appreciate it. The real life tales are the best teachers, I found out. Will make sure I take some time and build up both confidence and skill set. Also going to go for some bike riding courses to broaden my horizons a bit.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Here in Denmark, the motorcycle accident statistics are not populated primarily by young riders, but by 50+ riders buying a big bike (can now afford it) after many years of not riding (now have the time). Big bikes and inexperience kills at any age, I take from this.

Irrespective of age, if you are sensible, you can ride anything.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information