1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Themed Items And Decorations For Garage...

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Ben Mallinson, Sep 19, 2017.

1. As some of you will have seen in the 'So what have you done today?' thread, the external tarting up of our garage has been undergoing a facelift to smarten it up a little bit and make it less of an eyesore in the garden...

I intend using the winter wisely this year by getting some finishing off of what seems to have been the never ending project since we moved in two years ago. The inside of the garage is also on the list for the winter, inside of the sheeted & boarded, horizontal bits of the joists boarded out for storage of bits and pieces in certain areas, walls and floor painted etc... Plenty of work to be done and keeping me busy to pass the colder months whilst the bikes are laid up.

Once done in the garage, I would like to put some themed decorative bits and pieces around the place to help make it a nicer place to work on the bikes. So after some inspiration from those of you whom have already gone through this process and have nice garages...

I'm under no illusion that my plans will fall somewhat short of some of the garages and house storage areas some members have for their collections but the more inspiration the better folks.

A quick search turned up this site which has a few nice looking metal wall signs which I can see me looking at again nearer the time, but would also be interested in any other suggestions from the collective.

http://shop.eccsigns.com/DUCATI-SIGNS_c5.htm

2. I'm off to an antiques fair at the end of the month. Decent ones are full of old oil signs, old fuel signs and things. I'll be picking a few up for my upcoming garage decoration.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for that, I'll keep that in mind... Some photo's and also info on general pricing would be handy too as looking at older ones online, silly money can be paid!

4. You can always have photos scanned, enlarged and printed onto stickyback vinyl (or use files on the tinterweb). Once put onto 5mm plastic board and mounted to the wall they can look great.

#4 Jez900ie, Sep 19, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. It's the 30th I'll be going. Saw loads last year but didn't buy as garage was still being built.

They were all the old cast ones. I thought they'd look quite cool on the wall. Got plans to make the missus (quite the artist) do me a KTM mural too. On top of the wall decorations, I've this on my list.
    IMG_2497.JPG

6. Keep your eyes peeled on Ebay.
    I aquired an official Pierobon Ducati Dealer cabinet and official lit Dealer Sign for reasonalble money (and they won't go down in value)
    Keep away from tat is my advice.

IMG_1685.JPG

• Like Like x 4
  7. I would love that Cabinet!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Here's the dealer sign on the left.
    The Ducati sign on the far wall was under £40 - again someone on Ebay, they are plastic lazer cut letters with raised tube fixings so sit off the wall and came ready painted in Red so look quality.
    The Lamp is a 999 Head Light and Fairing Stays purchased for around £80 again off Ebay - converted with LED lamps from B&Q for about £10. I did 4 wall lights without the stays for about £60 each all in.

IMG_1680.JPG

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mount one of these to the wall on a bracket with a small table top as a swing out table: not got round to doing mine yet :)

IMG_1921.JPG

• Love You Love You x 1
  10. You want a mildly destroyed subframe off a 999. I happen to know of one.....

• Funny Funny x 4
  11. Might not be strong enough for a table :)

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. @Exige

Some great bits and pieces there, just the sort of inspiration I was after! I had intended keeping an eye out on ebay for some nice bits too... Not in any rush to get it finished so plenty of time to browse :)

Quite like the cut down oil drum seats idea too @JH_1986

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. @Exige my old swing arm!! :blush:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Or a candle holder...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Yes, half a dozen of those on the wall with a church candle on each - coolio :)

16. Proper God. None of this sky pixie stuff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. There are some Ducati dealer signs going somewhere in Wolverhampton, apparently :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Thread locked.

• Funny Funny x 3
  19. there was ages ago a "Ducati Colouring Book" pdf that you could download from dealer(?) that had line drawings of the older badges. I have a copy somewhere (I think), and was planning one day to make stencils for the garage wall.

I've also got a collection of footpegs/levers etc that I have knackered over the years to make a coat-rack out of.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information