1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Throttle Spacers

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by carl556, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Let me know how well they work?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Made my own, fitted to 2018 monster 1200.
    no problems at all.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Did they look like these?
    throttle spacers.jpg

4. I would be interested to know if it helps changing gear. I have a few issues with my v4s changing from 5 to 6 and it not changing, not very funny considering the speed.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Similar but made from 1mm stainless steel sheet, cut out and formed around a mandrel.
    then filed to fit, took about 1/2 hour to make, all backlash in the throttle eliminated

6. I used to be a fabricator/welder, but I reckon I'll just spend £20 on some plastic spacers.

7. I am a retired Mechanical Engineer, time on my hands and I like a challenge!

• Like Like x 2
  8. I had it on my V2 6th to 5th into a false neutral at Donington park, in a race at Trioptions. Didn’t end well (broken bike and broken body and leg) Reason I’ve been doing lots of work with Racetorx on this

9. I personally cannot see a connection between the throttle and false neutrals.
    I would be more concerned with the clutch operation and the set up of the gear linkage.
    Or it could be a simple as in the heat of the moment not fully engaging the gear.
    I have had false neutrals when riding on the road, and put it down to me not fully engaging gear, usually on the upshift.

10. Same here

11. I think, in this regard, @Spence was referring to the gear shaft support bracket he mentioned, not the throttle spacers. Correct @Spence?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information