1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati To Reveal New Supersport At Intermot

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Those wanting more poke are somewhat missing the point. More poke is available with the 959 which is quite similar. If this one delivers strongly at the bottom end it will be fine. You don't really need the ability to break 150 mph on the road. Seems to fit a niche. Will have to be ridden to find out what it's really like, but could be good untaxing, sporty fun. I'm not in love with the looks, but that's probably just me.

2. I think it's a nice looking bike, but only in the S model, I think those big black panels on the non s ruin it somewhat.

I'd be keen to ride it as I loved the 959 so interesting to see how the power produces and whether the torque proves enough

3. Have they released any specs for the supersport?

4. I like it a lot, I can't imagine it not having a serious amount of grunt. The 848 evo was 140hp and this is getting on for 100cc bigger so I can imagine it's got gobs of low and mid range power with no real power band as such, which is fine for the road. It's just whether it's exciting like that...

Did I read somewhere it's got the Bluetooth kit that the multistrada has?

5. It's got a quick shifter and blipper on the S I believe, kinda odd that they've omitted that from the 959 when you consider that's more expensive.

Also this has the single sided swingarm

• Like Like x 1
  6. Looks like a CBR F so I'm out

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. 210kg. Thats gotta be gassed.
    16ltrs i think.

8. I still don't get why they've managed to fit a QS/Blipper to this and haven't updated the 959 for 2017 in the process, unless i missed that part and they did?

9. Official Prices:
    The Supersport will cost £10,955 when it goes on sale in March next year, while the Supersport S will be £12,295 in red and £12,495 in white.

• Like Like x 1
  10. should be an extra £200 for red, not white!!

11. I love this bike. Take off the DTC DWC ABS , remove the DRL and those mirrors, chuck the riding modes in the bin , replace the dash with white face clocks and I'll forgive the watercooled engine and buy one.

12. Surely that's just the start up screen, I doubt you'll get all that all the time.

13. *whoosh*
    that'll be the joke going over your head ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. It will be nice if they do an ST version with Higher bars, Higher adjustable screen, lower footrests and panniers in the same vein as the Kawasaki 1000SX. I think they would sell a few.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Theres a touring pack with panniers higher screen and heated grips. Bars should be easy to raise, they are similar to ST so just need spacers underneath.

16. ... unless the £ Sterling has dropped some more by then, in which case expect a hike.

17. Fab. Looking forwards to seeing it in the flesh at the Milan show

18. Pete.png

Do Not Sell My Personal Information