1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V4 Ducati Top Case Plate

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Eugen, Dec 27, 2021.

1. Evening all. Bit of a strange request - does anyone who has the Ducati/Givi top case fitted know the dimensions of the four shouldered screws that hold the top case plate to the pillion grab handles/mini rack? I know that the screws are M6 Hex, but can't work out the length of the screw and the diameter of the shoulder part and screw head. Hopefully someone may be able to help!

Reason for question is that I have the top case plate but no fitting screws! Trying to source something suitable...

Many thanks in advance.

2. You can buy those from Sw Motech as a kit. I'll see if I can find the link.

3. Ah sorry I was thinking you needed the screws to fit the top case to the plate. My mistake.

4. That’s great. Many thanks!

5. Not to worry. Thanks for looking.

6. Stuck in with covid at the moment so can’t get to work to get vernier to measure , done this off a tape but would imagine close , will see if I can find one in the shed later for a more accurate sizing . Hope it helps

C25430C1-4F33-4DAC-B0F8-668B2867E328.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. That’s what I was after! You are a star - many thanks . If you are able to get a vernier reading I’d appreciate it, but if not then no worries.

Thanks again!

8. Forgot to add - hope that the dreaded Covid hasn't affected you too badly, and that you’ll be out of isolation soon. I appreciate your help with this.

9. All good thanks just bored .........

10. I can sympathise. Covid Christmas… Hope you’re all good soon.

11. The internet is a wonderful thing...

If anyone does need the mounting screws (unlikely, but you never know) they are available as a Ducati spare part (7791C251AA). Fitting instructions attached: these also show the construction of the OEM top case mount. I'd seen that it was made by Givi, and came in two pieces screwed together, but didn't understand why until I saw the exploded diagram. Seems there's some flex/damping built into the top case plate, which may explain why it's so bloody expensive!

I'm going to have a go at ordering the screws, but (given woeful supply chain issues) am not holding my breath...

Attached Files:

12. This is very helpful ... I have the mounting plate but was looking around the web to find the right bolts - and here we are ... excellent. Thanks.
    Would love to know why one bolt is £4.50 ... or maybe @Eugen could tell me if they come in packs ?

Looks like I need a few more parts and not sure I can get them separately?
    I only have the top plate - didn't realise you needed a bottom plate as well. Thought you would just bolt the top plate to SNAG-0218.png the existing rear rack.

#13 Ian_H, Jan 29, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2024
  13. Ian - if you have the top plate as a complete unit (it is made up of two plates that are designed to slide slightly to compensate for load changes during cornering etc) then you just need the four shouldered screws (no 6 in the diagram). I just ordered four 7791C251AA which came in separate plastic bags, from memory.

If your top plate is in pieces (which would be unusual) then you’d need all the screws and spacers in the parts diagram. If not, then the four shouldered screws simply fit into through the rack into four blanked screw holes in the grab rail.

Hope this helps.

14. Thanks @Eugen this is helpful. I've checked and my plate is justs the top half only - so I'll be looking for the complete mounting plate on eBay...
    My plate came to me from someone on FB and I didn't even check it at the time - got it ages ago.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information