1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Ducati Track Fairings - Fitting Phots

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Monners, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Locked and loaded...:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  2. cool! i love a ute! last one i had was a HX holden with a 350hp 350 chevy v8 in it... 23 years ago :(

• Like Like x 1
  3. living them dream mate... She looks seriously track ready.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Looks fantastic and has brand new sticky tyres, I bet you can't wait :upyeah:

5. Fast lap of Almeria 1min 49 secs. The guy that comes flying past like I'm standing still is Steve Platter the racer who was instructing out there! I guess he must be doing 1min 45 or faster and he's on everyones old tyres! I've got some more interesting footage with a couple of mates from the last day which I'll hopefully get processed today.

• Like Like x 1
  6. I took delivery of the DP fairing kit yesterday and am going to have a go at fitting it this weekend. Stupid question probably but as you mention needing to get the fairing clips, how many do I need and can I get them off fleabay, or do I need to get them from dealer (and how many)..

Thanks for the thread - I will be following the instructions!

7. Wish I'd seen this earlier as I could have gone out and taken some pictures of the clips. I just called the nice men at Snell Performance, Alton and @Desmo Dave sent me a full set of the backing clips along with a spare set of the screws as I find I lose those a lot. There's also a few rubbers on the head and tail light units which are handy to get.

8. fairings.jpg

Picked my painted fairing kit up yesterday gonna have a bash the weekend at fitting them. You mentioned about the additional screws you needed for the front LED Blanking unit, do you know what size you used?

• Like Like x 3
  9. Nice, I like the graphics :) They were a couple of really small self tappers, so not sure what size I'm afraid. I had to remove them from the light unit to put into the blanking unit to connect the two parts together. I should make a note when I get the bike back from Almeria and stick it up on this thread.

10. Thanks, can't wait to get them fitted :) if its self tappers then i suppose i can gauge it when I get a good look at it later.

11. Phoned Moto Rapido about a set of fairing clips and screws and it was.. £94!

Think I'll try re-using the ones of the originals for now.

Be interested to hear how you get on.

12. im not getting on too good come to fit the front blanking headlight unit and those three electrical connectors dont fit anywhere. I know one is for the side stand but the others aren't compatible with any of the connectors coming off of the bike. Can anyone point me in the right direction as ducati cov have shut up for the day and no other dealer can relly give me an answer? Also is there a difference between connectors for LED on the S model and then on the base model?

13. I've fitted and removed the fairings three times now for trackday trips and still haven't worked out where they go even when specifically looking for them!! You end up with an engine warning light because of it. It doesn't make sense because I'm sure I put blanking connectors into all the plugs I've disconnected.

Regarding the screws, Ducati charge an extortionate amount for the little allen key fairing bolts, whereas the other parts are oddly very cheap. I wasn't happy with aftermarket allen key bolts as they kept squaring off all the time due to softer metal so in the end I ended up shelling out for a full set of Ducati ones.

14. Finally got them done! Right the 3 electrical connectors that come with the kit aren't needed! The one that comes with the tail unit is needed but the other 3, nope!. One for the side stand, the other for the radiator fan and the last one is an ignition bypass (i think) Basically when swapping all the bits over from the old light unit make sure you swap over the air temp sensor, without that plugged in it was bringing the warning light on the dash. So connect that up as well as the connector into the headlight unit and your laughing.

I didn't find i needed any extra self tappers, screen or fairing brackets, everything swapped over hunky dory.

Now i've done it i dont want to do it again, but will be quicker at doing it if i had to.

I'll try and get some better pics done tomorrow in the sunlight, but i'm well chuffed with the new bodywork.:)

Thanks for the original post royal, helped me out a fair bit.

my bike 1.jpg my bike 2.jpg my bike 3.jpg my bike 4.jpg

15. Happy days, that's great you've worked that out. I don't get the bike back from Almeria for a few days but I 'll try the air temp sensor. Your graphics are looking really good :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Half way there.. Is the temp sensor the square thing in back of headlight?

image.jpeg

17. Right so the temp sensor you need to get off the black plastic cowling that is apart of the headlight unit. If you look at royals pic of the racing kit head light unit, look at the second piece down on the right hand side. If you zoom in you will see where the clip goes as well as the long bit of the sensor goes through. So you need to unscrew the sensor and take the clip off and put it on the new unit. image.jpg

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. Thanks. Got there in the end. Not the half a dozen DZUZ fasteners I remember from my 748! Need to order the seat unit now. And some new skin for my fingers.

image.jpeg

19. Oh one question. What are these for. I hope I haven't got to take it all off again..

image.jpeg

20. Good lad! I know what you mean, feel like I've got ET fingers!

They are the side stand spacers in case you are taking the side stand off. Just takes up the gap, If you are taking the side stand off you will also need to use of of those connectors otherwise you'll get the side stand message and bike won't start (I think)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information