1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Trackday At Donnington

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by kirks1989, May 8, 2019.

1. 50/50 I think. I definitely am afraid of launching it but I don’t have the same respect for my 1098R, paradoxically!

2. Its ok, they crash well ....

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Have a blast tomorrow guys
    I was booked on but due to recent circumstances had to pass my place on.
    Great weather forecast, stay shiny side up :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Loaded and ready to roll 940A048C-ABDD-4F62-8616-D0F2534E66FD.jpeg

• Like Like x 6
  5. Might have a ride over tomorrow

6. Nice day for it suckers:D I’m in garage 34

• Like Like x 1
  7. I had a 2006 999R. Probably the sweetest handling bike I ever owned. Loved it. Wish I'd kept it...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Weather looks ace. Hope you all have/had a grrrreat day!! I'm booked on at Silverstone which I'm looking forward to hugely! :):upyeah:

@NoGutsNoGlory @Sonic @nelly Did you go? Great day??

• Like Like x 1
  9. Not me mate. I'm avoiding anything bike related so not to remind me of the Aprilia sat in the garage with a poorly engine.

10. Ooh fuck.... do tell??

11. 1st flying session at Aragon 180+ mph on the back straight, puff of smoke out of the exhaust loud clattering from the engine and urgent service showing on the dash......no shit sherlock.: unamused:

12. Knackers! Sorry to hear that mate. Cases ok? New engine or rebuild job?

At least it didn't spew its oil all over your back tyre... At 180mph :eek: You wouldn't have been walking that off...

13. Exactly. The cases are intact and it is booked in on the 13th June for diagnostics so I have started saving as I know whatever it is it won't be cheap!
    When fixed it's going and I will be buying a new R1 or BMW not sure which yet.

• Like Like x 1
  14. New beemer looks boss. R1 looks nice though :):upyeah:

15. Anyone know the website for the pictures for today?

16. No

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Not a lot of info on how the day went...
    All good? I was booked for this... lucky I didn't postpone my epic tour to fit it in as I have no track bike now!!!
    I'm just hoping @nelly don't Muller me with the ss work and can sort a 749 cheap as fuck coz I'm booked on the Silverstone DUC day....
    I like nelly...he likes me... I bought him whiskey.. ( he probably don't even like whiskey) ( and to be honest my brother paid for it)...

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  18. @Jim89 , how did ya mate get on.. ( with his cheap arse ticket!!!)
    Did you make it?

19. IMG_7855.JPG IMG_7858.JPG Been a great day, perfect weather, and had loads of fun.

I was on the Diavel in the Novice Group (only Diavel in that group).

Was not sure how the bike would cope with a track day ..... it did brilliantly.

Managed to surprise myself and quite a few other bikes.

Only issue I had, was running out of ground clearance on the right. Managed to scrape the foot peg, brake pedal and exhaust.

• Like Like x 6
Do Not Sell My Personal Information