1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Trackdays 2017 Now Open

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by bradders, Jan 13, 2017.

1. not really, you see Desmo with race systems on track. What test there may be is drive-by :)

2. Ain't the welcome packs nice! Although did drop me right in it when I opened it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Last track day I went on was at Donnington, organised by Jamie Whitham. It was an interesting time, which I just about managed to survive in one piece. I wasn't allowed to open my bike up down the pit straight due to the noise I was generating, although this wasn't a complete spoiler as I was there to get cornering experience rather than straight line speed. As for the nutcases on the track at the same time...that was a different story.

4. Interesting @ChrisDS would you not go back? What made it so bad?

5. I think I would go back for a Ducati only day, with a reasonable limit to riders and an event that was well marshalled/controlled.

As I said, I wanted to go to the event to get practice of going round corners more confidently/competently. Lots of run off, great surface, etc. The sessions were split into Fast, Intermediate and Beginners. I chose to go with the beginners as I was one. As the Fast guys got called in they just went through the pits and joined the intermediate group, as the intermediates were called in many joined our beginner group. So in the end the beginners session was a load of slower riders trying to get used to the track and cornering being undertaken and overtaken by the rest of the riders. On one lap I was carefully getting set up for a bend when one of the 'Fast' guys passed under me and straight into the gravel trap. I just about rescued myself by standing the bike up and slamming my brakes on. All in all it wasn't very well marshalled and it was very much a willie waving session. Of course, being a rare type of bike, my Ducati was attracting all the 'this will show him' brigade and as a result I could not relax and enjoy my track time.

6. Sounds like whither days are t be avoided based on that! Its not normal to allow people to go in different groups, so unless they were instructors thats terrible organisation.

You won't get that on the CSS days :upyeah:

7. On Donnington Noisy days, you could have a straight through piped race bike and still be ok

8. The Ducati days will be run by CSS, and they're good at policing the groups, so you shouldn't get any issues there

9. Sounds good. I'd really like some one-to-one training using my bike.

10. I doubt if they'll be offering much in the way of 1:1 there on the Ducati days.
    However, you could always book a day directly with CSS as they run at Donington now, as well as Cadwell, Oulton and Silverstone Stowe circuits

11. you can grab a session, just need to go an ask :upyeah:

12. Looking forward to doing the Ducati track days this year for the first time and to get the 899 on track!

I'm sure there will be plenty of bikes for me to drool over. Anyone taking a SL??

13. I'd be surprised if there are one there. Normally a few.

14. Also booked Silverstone fast group

15. Donington now sold out according to CSS website

Do Not Sell My Personal Information