1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Uk Announce Ducati Performance Trioptions Cup And 959 Panigale For 2017

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Jul 23, 2016.

• Series renamed Ducati Performance TriOptions Cup
    • 2017 to be 8th consecutive year of championship
    • 959 Panigale to replace 899 Panigale for 2017

Ducati UK announced at a meeting with riders today at Thruxton circuit that it would continue to support the Ducati TriOptions Cup for an eighth consecutive year.

Tim Maccabee Managing Director of Ducati UK told the teams and riders present there would be a change of machinery for 2017 from the 899 Panigale currently being used to the new 959 Panigale. The format is expected to remain the same with eight rounds and sixteen races predominately supporting the MCE British Superbike Championship but with a likely change of name to the Ducati Performance TriOptions Cup.

Stuart Higgs BSB series and race director also addressed the teams and riders thanking them for being part of a hugely successful one-make championship and welcomed riders to pass on any feedback to improve the series for both rider and fans.

Tim Maccabee commented on the announcement: “I am delighted that Ducati UK and MSVR have agreed to continue the championship into 2017 with an outline agreement for 2018. The decision to continue was an easy one thanks to the support of riders, teams and sponsors many of whom have been with us from the start. To move to the 959 Panigale is a logical one as it is now firmly established in the market and represents the latest technology from our Superbike range. Also from next year we will incorporate the Ducati Performance brand name into the series title representing our Ducati accessory range which is key to the Ducati ownership experience.”

Stuart Higgs commented: “I am delighted that we can continue the partnership we have with Ducati UK to extend our association with such a highly prestigious manufacturer and it is fantastic to see the series continue to evolve with the new 959 model. The Ducati TriOptions Cup brings a great sound and spectacle to the support class programme with a full grid of twin cylinder bikes and we are looking forward to another successful season in 2017.”

1. I wonder if they are going to be strict on just having the 959 as was rumoured?

2. Wont be much of a one bike/make series if they have different bikes.

3. I though the 899 was already out of production. There was no 899 for 2016 right?

4. They ran mixed for a year or so when changing from the 848 to the 899.

5. Must had been in the UK cause over here you could not get one.

6. I doubt it, pretty sure it will be 959 only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do Not Sell My Personal Information