1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Uk Trackday 2018 Dates

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Adamwhittuk, Jan 30, 2018.

1. yes it wil be fine I am sure ,but my concern for all of us who r actual going to use the bike on track & get some use out of them rather then most who just buy one for bragging rites, is wot tracks will we be able to go on apart from dony on a noisey day

2. it
    it is too much £199 but they have the upper hand, I no u get a beacon cobb drinks & food at dinner break but most people like myself have a long way to travel so come the nite before so have already had breakfast,, I have booked for Silverstone but not paying £199 for dony even though I like the track I much prefer silverstone , I will have my v4 by then & I am looking forward to riding & chatting with all the other ducati riders,

• Like Like x 1
  3. Most tracks apart from Castle Combe (which even a standard R6 probably won’t get out on!). There is a whole thread about it. I’ve personally had 959’s/1299’s on Silverstone, Oulton, Donnington and Bedford without any issues. None have been higher than 108dB (static) days, and most were 102dB (static - 98dB ride by) days, so you really don’t have too much to worry about. Sounds like you don’t get to track much and have the bike just for bragging rights! ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. I agree, the first test ride I had on a v4 it was in sport mode as I was told it was full power the same as track mode,not so I found out later, I was going to cancel my order but then rode another one in track mode & it was like a different bike ,so I took my business to italia after riding their demo who know more about the bike then peterbough ducati

5. thanks for ur reply but I do 12/15 tracks days a year, last year I had a 2017 bmw s1000rr the year before 2016 r1 both with standard pipes, the year before I had a 2015 1199 panigale, which didn't pass at Bedford & fail static test at snett but they said I could go out but it failed drive by so I only got 2 laps in,the only tracks it was ok on were Silverstone & Donny on a noisy day, but I have seen a 1299 at snet & bedford on track ,so I don't no if they failed static but must have been ok on drive by, the 1299 must be quiter then I just hope my v4 wil be ok

6. You need to use baffles at Snetterton and Bedford to pass the driveby. At Brands Hatch they will not even let you on track unless you have the stock base model exhaust which is a joke since the termi with baffles is quieter and the stock exhaust doesn't even take baffles. The other big decider is your riding level, if you are high inters or fast group then there a much higher chance you will not pass the drive by tests since you are going to be on full chat all the time. Most novice group riders spend most of the time on a low throttle and only really get to full throttle on the long straights if at all so they are a lot quieter.

7. So you are turning down the opportunity to ride Donington Park on a noisy day with lots of other like minded individuals for the sake of it being £20 more than a normal trackday, then tell us all about the very expensive bikes you have owned over the last few years, what's that all about, sort yourself out man. :motorcycleduc::cool:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. ^ what he said :) Come for some Ducati bromance!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  9. lol ur rite greenon, but that's how I have been able to afford new bikes being careful with my money, I will see how much I enjoy Silverstone because I have not dun a track day with califonia race school before & I have herd gud & bad reports about them, wot bike do u have & how have u found ducati only track days ,

10. God help me.

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Just booked at Donnington :D

12. ooooh Silverstone I can do .... Donny is a no no as week after Brno ......

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Just had formal acknowledgement for Silverstone, noise limit is 108db drive by wahoo ! Andy

• Like Like x 3
  14. Just booked in for Silverstone :grinning::grinning:.... Can't wait!! .. Am there on the Tuesday too :upyeah: be good to catch up with you lot too.... @Android853sp what days are you up at MR? I'm off for a couple of weeks and so might pop in for a perv at a V4 and a brew when its dry as the R is now MOT'd again and needs a run.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Every Thursday between about 9:30 and 3. Always happy to catch up and you never know what exotica might be be in the showroom or workshop :upyeah: Andy

16. Cool, looking forward to seeing your new bike... is it coming to Silverstone too?

17. Sadly no, still looking at a November delivery date so it’ll be me and the 1098R. Andy

• Like Like x 1
  18. Oooh, I'm home for Donington by the looks of it. Please excuse my dozy twatishness, but who's running it?? I can't phone because I'm a billion miles offshore from the dark continent with smoke signals only.
    Got WiFi- any link? Ta....

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Booked into fast group at Silverstone on the 31st May.Look forward to seeing all you fellow Ducati riders.Hopefully be warmer weather than last year.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information