1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Unveils Its Updated Monster 821: The Most Balanced Version Of The Iconic Monster Range

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Oct 16, 2017.

• The 821 is inspired by the famous Monster 900, whose 25th anniversary is celebrated this year
    • Slim design and performance always under control thanks to the Ducati Safety Pack
    • The Monster 821 is the first of five new models in the 2018 Model Year
    Borgo Panigale, Bologna (Italy), 16 October 2017 - Providing a sneak peek at 2018, Ducati presents the first of 5 new models for the coming season: the Monster 821. The iconic naked motorcycle from Borgo Panigale is presented in a updated version to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the original model - launched at the Cologne Show back in October 1992. The 821 inherits all the character and charm of the first Monster 900, the model that injected new life in the naked racers' segment - by successfully combining high performance, agility and rider-friendliness.

The Monster 821 changes its shape by adopting the design and functional features introduced in the Monster 1200: a sleek, streamlined design with completely redesigned tank and tail end, inspired by the 1992 version. A new racing silencer and headlight - both classic and contemporary, are also part of the new design. For a clear, immediately readable view of all necessary information, on the mid-size Monster a colour TFT display is also making its debut - provided with selected gear and fuel indicators. The Ducati Quick Shift up/down and the Ducati Multimedia Systems are now available as accessories, to further enhance the already excellent riding experience offered by the 821.

The Monster comes back in the historic Ducati Yellow colour that charmed so many Monster fans in the past. This colour, available for the 821 only, completes the Red and assertive Matte Black colour range.

The 109 HP and 9250 rpm of the liquid-cooled twin cylinder Testastretta offer rider-friendly thrills; thanks to its 8.8 kgm (86 Nm) torque at 7750 rpm, the 821 guarantees exciting performance, easy riding and unmatched fun.

The Monster 821 also features the Ducati Safety Pack, which comprises Bosch ABS and Ducati Traction Control, both of which have adjustable intervention levels. The Riding Modes ensures easy adjustment of ABS, DTC and Power Modes (controlling peak power and type of delivery), allowing the 821 to be transformed into three different motorcycles, each with a distinct personality.

Completing the impressive equipment of the Monster 821 are the Brembo brakes, with dual 320 mm discs and M4-32 monobloc radial callipers at the front. The suspension system includes 43 mm forks at the front and an adjustable shock absorber at the rear.

The extensive standard equipment, long maintenance intervals, and a rich catalogue of accessories make the 821 the perfect riding partner.

The new Monster 821 is just the first of the Ducati 2018 new range. The Ducati World Premiere, to be streamed live on Sunday, 5 November at 9 p.m., will unveil four more new models designed by the Italian manufacturers, which will later be presented to the general public at EICMA - scheduled from 9 to 12 November at the Rho fair.

The complete press kit of the new Ducati Monster 821 is available for downloads at Ducatipress.com

• Like Like x 1
  1. Most Balanced? Are they running out of ideas or was that your marketing prowess shinning through there :thinkingface: - oh, and no good without pictures :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. There is a picture. Just look on the "front page" you idle tw@t :)

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Drama Queen Drama Queen x 1
  3. Hardly a new bike.

4. Absolutely correct. They don't seem to have much to crow about this year, other than the V4 engine, IMO.

5. Why do manufacturers call this sort of thing a new model? Surely it's an updated model?
    The other week Triumph launched a new model, I was hoping for a 765 Daytona, but No . A bobber but a all black version . Wonder what the other "NEW" models will be?.

6. Ahhh but the new bobber has twin discs and a fatter front tyre too so it is brand new ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Can we have a new streetfighter please, based on the 1299 pani, thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  8. youre overlooking the
    • Ducati Safety Pack

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Well having owned a 2016 M821 Stripe for almost a year and clocked up just shy of 6000 miles, I'm glad they haven't changed too much, as it's already a great bike that does everything you need it to do on todays roads. :) I'd certainly welcome the colour display, the gear indicator and fuel gauge, and I may consider the QS, but for me it would all depend on the how much extra coin they add on before I would consider changing for the new 821, or upgrading to the M1200S.

10. Exactly what I want FMD :upyeah:!!

Here's what I wrote in the V4 Panigale thread :-

"I still wish they would look into releasing a new Streetfighter using a re-tuned Panigale engine, 165 bhp would be enough but tune the engine for torque and gear it sensibly low enough for monster grunt out of corners and epic wheelies, with nice flat bars to hang on to - I'd seriously look at buying something like that !! :upyeah:"

That post got 6 likes, so we're not the only ones who would love a Panigale based Streetfighter.
    I'm looking for something with flat bars not quite as hard core as the Panigale and not quite as relaxed as the Monster :thinkingface:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. I just got the email from Ducati about it. The first thing i thought was what if you don't like Yellow?

12. They should call it the "latest compliance version"

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  13. And having a Fuel Indicator is cutting edge stuff

14. It's cheaper in red.

15. you would think its a no brainer isn't it? the streetfighter is without a doubt the most beautiful designed naked Ducati ever build, so a new one based on the 1299 pani seems a very clever idea, maybe we should start an online petition, starting on this forum and then send it out to Ducati, hopefully they will oblige lol.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Would love a Streetfighter to compete with the 1290. Maybe we will see a V4 in a few years, but I don’t want to wait that long.

I think the issue with a Streetfighter Pani is the monocoque. You need some flex in the chassis to make up for the lack of feel in the front.

17. rsv4 tuono, best on the market, does everything, and theres loads about!

18. Love the Tuono 1100 but sold mine for the 1290 ;)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information