1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Unveils Its Updated Monster 821: The Most Balanced Version Of The Iconic Monster Range

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Street fighters didn't sell in the numbers required to make this a viable option sadly...
    Ain't gonna happen:confounded:

2. A lack of new inspiration probably due to the possibility of Ducati being sold recently. Hardly an earth shattering announcement, but the power BHP i think suits this model nicely, and should/could be a decent ride.

3. Agreed, I'm no fan of this type of bike (upright position and no fairing) but 109 BHP from my old carby 900SS' would have been heaven! in fact it would have been much appreciated in my 1000SS DS too, and they're getting 109 out of an 820cc bike, that's good progress in my book :upyeah:

We used to spend too much money to get nowhere near 109 BHP and have the things implode within a few K miles.

4. how easy do you think it will be to swap the displays to an older one? my understanding (limited), given all the after market bolts available, is the Gear selector and fuel indicator should be plug and play?

5. I thought I'd really miss the fuel gauge and gear indicator going from multi to monster but now I'm like, "meh". I do like the colour of the new bike though.

6. I have been lucky enough to ride several thousand miles on a 900ss and several thousand more on a monster s2r with the 1000ds engine. By comparison I have also done just a couple of hundred on an 821 monster and while there is no doubt that it has the most whizz at high revs the two older engines knock it for six at low revs whatever the factory output specs say. That is not to knock the 821 which is a lovely bike and I think looks great in the new yellow but if like me you spend most of the time between 3000 and 6000 rpm the bigger 2 valve engines are more fun and more satisfying.

• Like Like x 1
  7. As per dukesox, test rode an 821 monster whilst it was still in euro3 spec and was very disappointed in the lack of character in the engine. I didn't think it was a good replacement for the 900 engines of old, (even if they only had about 74Bhp). Much rather have an original 900 monster (to keep the 900 superlight company) , though I suspect that if Ducati made an engine with the same torque/power and characteristics of the old rubberband carb 900 the Journos would slag it right off.

8. I thought the 937 motor would replace 821. Thats probably ‘19 new monster.

9. A bit of fiddling, make it suitable to go in a trellis frame, so much nicer to look at lol

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information