1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati V4 2nd Hand Prices Looking Sharp

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Scott21, Jul 13, 2018.

1. To be fair the 749/999 is still a pig from a couple of angles but very nice from the tank back in my opinion, yes I have owned one and do appreciate a nice looking bike, I do believe a bit of sheep mentality is involved with the current love in, it's not a patch on the 848/1098/1198 series imo, and many others including the 916 onwards, infact id say the 749/999 is behind all out and out sports Ducati's from the 851's 888's etc the front from the tank forward will never ever be nice just my opinion oh and the mirrors just look shite.

2. If you’re serious I can only suggest you do your own research to find the stated advantages and developments of the the whole V4 bike package. The information is out there.

If you’re not serious, I’ve no idea and I agree with you. We really all should still be riding around on basic OHV pushrod singles. Next time I’m down at Sammy Miller’s I’ll ask if I can swap the Supersport S for something pre World War One!

3. Wow, that's quite a statement to be able to make!

4. Yes, I own a 1955 Riley Rme,And an Ajs 650,and to say either are lesser machines,would'nt necessarily be correct. Buisnesses have to make money,but their "Latest and greatest" is
    Lol, I've had the same wife for 30 years,you've got me thinking..........

5. I was quite a bike

6. Damn it really moves, he's not even using all the revs still either. I think the guy he is fighting with is on an S1000RR and he's rinsing it on the power. I dont think I've ever seen another standard bike do that to a BMW?

7. Went for the new grey colour in the end,its a lot of bike with all the bells and whistles for a little over 11k after discount and even managed to get a couple of goodies thrown in. Just fancied a change after years of twins, was so impressed with the whole package and it will be my first super naked.
    I was going to go for black but they dont do it anymore, black and red just looks like a black bike with bits of red thrown at it and i was not keen on the motorsport colours. You still happy with yours ?

• Like Like x 2
  8. Best I can do on the roads over here, I have a serious lack of talent. Off to the track on Sept 22nd on the 1299, serious improvement needed.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I managed to insure mine for well under a grand, already done three track days it's the dogs dodahs :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1

10. Very much so, it just ticks all boxes. Have owned this one 4 months ish now, and don't miss a V-Twin at all. Once i get back on my 1198 i'm sure the love will come flooding back though.

11. if they were twins, only one would be getting it (see what i did there?)

12. my 1199 was £162 this year. just saying.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Which os the range a V4 should be. Well, double at max, anyway!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. I was going to put the 1299 on theft only cover when i insured the bmw but i could not do it in the end as i think i will still need a big twin fix every now and then, must say Bemoto insurance were a pleasure to deal with after trying to convince Hastings that my new Bmw did not have any doors :astonished:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information