1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Warranty Policy

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Charliescaper, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Coming up to two years on my Multistrada Enduro. At the time it struck me as odd that Ducati only offered a two year warranty alongside their own three year PCP. I looked up the official extended warranty, but apparently that can only be purchased at the same time as the bike.

Seems a bit odd to me - and particularly harsh when, according to my dealer, the extended warranty wasn't available at the time (if it was, I wasn't offered it...). Given that my bike is from a dealer with FDSH really doesn't seem right. I'm going to see if they will at least offer it as a goodwill gesture - I'd still be paying £400 for a year for it. Anyone else in a similar situation?

On another note, looked at trading it in at two years for new. Would have to stump up £5000 plus see my monthly payments go up £70. I know it's a year early than the full term, but thought the general principle with a PCP was to basically keep paying the same monthly price with minimal, if any, additional to pay for a new bike every three years...

2. One thing I've definitely noticed with PCP is that if you finish the deal earlier than the arranged three years you definitely lose a lot of money. It's the way the payments are arranged, you pay more of the interest at the beginning of the deal. You are better off keeping it until the end of the deal and then trading in. Monthly payments just depend on the interest rates available at the time so will not necessarily be the same. Since we have been on historically very low interest rates for many years it is highly likely that monthly payment will only go up.

3. Others have complained about the same issue. I’ve not yet heard of a retrospective application of the extended warranty.
    In my opinion, you are unlikely to get what you are asking for, irrespective of how much you shout.

No harm in trying, pls keep us updated.

If your relationship with your dealer is good & the wind is in the right direction, Ducati are usually sympathetic in dealing with out of warranty claims on full dealer history bikes.

Good luck .

4. I had a hyperstrada that was a year out of warranty ,yet still managed to get "good will gesture" repairs done on a failed throttle position sensor due to me pointing out that it was a known manufacture/ design problem ,as mentioned on many forums. They also paid out for quite a few ecus and dashboards that failed on peoples bikes ,due to a known injector coil feedback fault.I can't knock Ducati for dealing with problems that they are aware of on this way.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information