1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Wolverhampton By Any Other Name

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Nigel Machin, Jun 28, 2018.

1. So they are mv Agusta west Midlands now? Didn't that exist already?

2. They helped me find my Dainese VR46 jacket in my size (UK46). Lady from DW was really helpful and I was more than happy with their service. Just putting this here for some balance.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Don't think so no...

4. I've had two bikes from DW and both of them serviced by them and JHP. Never had any problems with DW. I met up with them last year at Donnington when Luis was racing in the 899 cup and they said he'd been offered a factory ride for MV and they would be switching to MV come end of the year. I don't think they had their franchise pulled.

5. You’d be wrong then :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Possibly, i hadn't heard either way. Would be interested to know why though :)

7. They were touching customers in the butthole area.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Completely inappropriate. Would only expect that at a Honda dealer ;-)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Not sure what im missing here the original poster posts a " big up " from the dealer that flogged him a bike which was running on vapour....just wanted to clear that up first off the bat...

10. Yeah...me too, which, would have been even stranger...

11. Par for the course i think....a couple of years ago paid just shy of 22k for an smax.....vapour in the tank...

12. The monster I just bought from them had it’s first service carried out the day before I collected it (at 518 miles) - on my first ride on it the service light came on at 620 miles...

Thought it was strange as the rpm were yellow from 5k up to 10 on the dash

Prob going to have to pay my local dealer to reset it as I’m 4 hours away from Wolverhampton.

13. If it's anything like the Multistrada I was warned by the service manager at JHP that in the future getting the bike serviced before the light comes on will mean I have to return to get it reset once it does. Apparently they can't reset it before it's on. Seems somewhat illogical to me but no reason not to believe him. If there were dealers everywhere this wouldn't be a problem but I have to ride some distance for this so will ensure that I'm at, or just beyond, the prescribed distance for servicing. Will be a royal PITA if I have to get it serviced ahead of a tour due to mileage though.

MV Agusta Wolverhampton filled the space left by Ed Cosker Superbikes, my local dealer. I took my MV to MotoCorsa near Shaftesbury, a 200 mile round trip, specifically to avoid them. Reputation I perceived as not good based on reading about their performance as a Ducati dealer. Now I'm with the marque, and based on reviews on here, I go to JHP and from my limited experience thus far am more than happy.

14. I had the same issue with my scrambler took out in for a service at 600mls had to take it back after the service light came on at 620 it took Cov Duc about 10 mins to reset

15. Unlike most modern cars it seems that the service indicator on Ducatis rely on hard coded distances to illuminate.

16. The bike was delivered in a van

17. Even at my fave local ducati dealer, the service alert has been forgotten. It's no big deal. Has happened on my car too. It happens and is a minor thing to me. It isnt something I'd be getting upset about personally.

18. Not upset, no. But it's an inconvenience having the thing glaring at me from the screen plus the fact that there aren't exactly Ducati dealers on every street corner. I'd have to ride 70 miles there and back to get mine reset so would be a bit peeved if they forgot to do it.

I could just ignore it and carry on safe in the knowledge that the work had been done. This would be the case for an early pre tour service, where I would otherwise be well over the stipulated mileage on my return, I'd just put up with it. But for my own OCD, as well as the alert when next service is due, would need to return to a Ducati dealer to get it switched off. As per a recent thread; would this be possible at any Ducati dealership or would I have to return to the place that did the work? If the recent discussion, where I understand a mechanic at a franchise stated he wouldn't reset a service indicator if he handn't done the work, it probably would inconveniently be the latter. Maybe presenting the stamped up service book would suffice elsewhere?

19. They didn't forget, it can't be reset until it has illuminated when specific mileage has been reached, if you don't return to the same Dealer you may be charged to have it reset, ring your dealer and ask what they can do for you.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I used to reset mine on 1198 via jpdiag.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information