1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati World Première 2017 In Live Streaming

Discussion in 'Front Page Articles' started by El Toro, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Spoke to someone who was invited to the reveal a week or so ago and he is of the opinion you get to ride the WSB Panigale with the team there to set the bike up for you. Worth the £70k for that experience alone. Andy

2. Wish I could afford one that's for sure. Dibs on first go if anyone offers to loan theirs out for a blast. :)

3. Did it happen to say when this would be active as I'm literally within days of sorting out a panigale but if holding out covers me on the warranty front I'd rather do that

4. If I remember correctly it just said for 2017. I can see this being very successful especially combined with the existing finance options as it puts a high spec Ducati in reach of a lot more people. With the amount of people that buy new Ducatis and only do a few thousand miles I would happily buy one that's a couple years old and depreciated to the price of a competitors brand new bike.

5. The one issue I have (had) with Ducati is that they've not been able to support the dealers with extended warranty.

I'm looking at nearly new panigales, all less than a year old, but over 6 months.

The issues are that they're still commanding a high price, but on a minimum pcp term of 25 months you run the risk of being financially tied to a bike that 'could' cost you dear in the final 6-9 months when it's technically out of manufacture warranty.

People can say what they like about Ducati reliability being better, but it's still not what you'd class as great, but more concerning are the high prices to put things right as / when you are out of warranty.

Then you look at BMW Motorrad, every used BMW bike goes back out with a 24 month full manufacturer warranty.

Even a 15000 mile 2010 S1000rr

I'm glad Ducati have decided to do something about it, but I just hope they don't take ages pushing the details through to the dealer channel.

6. Two things I picked up from the presentation was the number of units sold in 2016 seemed lower than previous years growth and that Ducati launched the XDiavel this year which is classed as a 'premium priced motorcycle', Is that another way of saying it's not sold very well....Scrambler sales are way down on last year.....I hear.

Hoped the Supersort would have been more basic without all the electronic wizardry!! But still looks good..

Do Not Sell My Personal Information