1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati World Première 2018 - Chat Thread

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Rob, Nov 5, 2017.

1. The fit of that cover is appalling!:eek:

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Is that the cover on the Specialé?

4. Yes it's pretty poor. Expect there will be better aftermarket ones coming out soon such as CDT or LiebSpeed versions

No it's fitted to an S model at EICMA along with most of the 2018 accessories. Though doubtless it will fit all three models.

5. So they're already selling additional stuff that isn't included on the Specialé? Brazen.

6. Looks a like the 1098 set-up in as much as you maybe have to remove one of the black plastic shrouds that bolt the main frame and slide the air filter out that way.

7. The fuel cap is standing proud too, that's awful.

I'm so on the fence with this bike. One minute I'm like "yeah, I'll probably get one" the next I see something like that and think nope

#707 mutt1979, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  8. Yes with you there Mutt. That is why I feel it's so important to see it up front and in the flesh to really get a sense of what's what. I also think that fuel cap looks wrong. Next year there will be a host of parts on the market, without the crippling Ducati mark-up. CNC Racing as I think I mentioned, already have several parts in mind so not too concerned. In many ways, for me anyway and financial constraints aside, the S offers me a lot of scope to personalize the bike to where I want it to be. It's looking like a fairly intensive job but I've never been one to leave a bike bog standard. I just want to be sure that the fundamental design, fit and finish is what I hope and expect of it, before I initially part with any money and start reaching for my toolkit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Here you go. Official full spec sheet from Ducati. One thing I did notice is that the low beam and high beam are now either side (as per 1098) :(

Attached Files:

#709 Topolino, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  10. Back in black. Base model in black, mag coloured wheels and frame. Not my PS work this time. Courtesy of US forum.

QSUE76J.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. I have never liked this ^

It has always looked like the bike has been in a crash, most of the bike then looks to have shifted forward making it look like an oversize blob at the front and the back end looks like someone stole it off a 50cc and put it on as an afterthought, ala rc8/ktm

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Yes, nice to see they still employ the same "designers"...

13. Looks like my old Big Bang R1

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Reference the battery location:

"The Panigale V4's racing soul is enhanced by the 16 litre lightweight aluminium tank which, just like in racing motorcycles, relocates part of the fuel storage to below the rider's seat. The space not occupied by the fuel has been used to store all the electronics at front of the tank, under a plastic cover: this includes the battery, which in the Panigale V4 S and Panigale V4 Speciale versions is a lithium-ion pack."

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. S model naked with Samco hoses fitted and with it's clothes on in my proposed livery.

mag frame left side.jpg sl2.jpg

#715 Topolino, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  16. I think you need to change the Anodising colour on the forks to match.. also rear resevoir

17. I don’t like the supperlegover colours on that body.

18. 16ltr tank on a 1100cc V4... You've going to be visiting the gas station very often... I know it's only a liter down from before, but wouldn't they be better off going UP in capacity, than down? Or is this a trick to keep the curb weight as low as possible?

19. Whereas I really like them.

20. Where did you get the basic photgraph ? The pre load on the TTX is huge :eek:. Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information