1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducatisti.co.uk = Ducati Coventry!!??

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Firebladeboy, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Spoonz, Leave Stoner out of this!! :-D

2. @ thespionkop

"your" means "belonging to you".

"you're" is the correct abbreviation of " you are".

Common mistake these days - I blame years of poor educational standards and "text speak".
    I suppose I should be grateful that you didn't just put "UR"...

Love, peace and correct grammar !

• Like Like x 3
  3. K I think ur ded rite lol

I'm sure d schls deez days actuly uz d txt dxNre rthR thN a real 1.

If your unsure the above could be pasted into Translate your txt messages to and from texting\chat language and use the translater to put into plain english those messages written in code eg computer jargon, legalese ,Spanglish and anything that looks like gobbledygook to you for it in old fashioned English.

Spk soon m8 :wink:

4. Dear Sir, that's not actually an abbreviation, it's called a 'contraction'...

• Like Like x 1
  5. I should of known that! :) It makes me wince every time I see another rogue "of".

6. hope that doesn't mean there'll be 9 months of this!

7. "Dear Sir, that's not actually an abbreviation, it's called a 'contraction'..."

"Abbreviation"  [uh-bree-vee-ey-shuhn]
    Part of Speech: noun
    Definition: something shortened
    Synonyms: abridgement, abstract, abstraction, clipping, compendium, compression, condensation, contraction, digest, outline, precis, reduction, sketch, summary, syllabus, synopsis
    Antonyms: augmentation, enlargement, expansion, extension, increase

The term "contraction" refers to a specific sort of abbreviation. The fact remains "you're" is an abbreviated form of the wording "you are" and is therefore, in a general sense, an abbrevaition...

8. Sounds like the Eu economy or Rossi's recent podiums. Now that's a contraction.

Soon to become a recession on the Rossi front.:frown:

9. Oh the irony.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Cold, innit?

Dead right it's a contraction.......I haven't seen 'it' since the warm weather disappeared.

AL

• Like Like x 1
  11. Bet you have had some from Asda tho' Viv. :)

12. "Originally Posted by JR45
    is therefore, in a general sense, an abbrevaition...
    Oh the irony."

Hoist be one's own petard ?

:)

13. Very,very sad way to end the site and not the way any of its users would have liked.

14. Not this week Phil 

15. I never thought I would say this but you are right. I loved the Ducatisti site but this is just as good and it all works really easily. So well done Rob and thanks good to be home.

Regards Steve

PS. Member of most other Ducati web sites.

16. JR45

You need to get out more...

:biggrin:

17. @ thespionkop

Yes, I know !

18. Pinkoleftyfaggotcarpetmuncher. See there are some advantages to. This forum.
    Ducatisti has closed, Dan and his admin assistants did an excellent job running the site, info and money was freely given by people with a common interest. Dans circumstances changed and he shut the site. I am grateful for the time and effort put in my all members and I'm sure that tradition of helping out other members will continue on here.
    Would have been nice to have some warning but from Dans point of view as already mentioned imagine his inbox.
    The king is dead long live the king......

• Like Like x 2
  19. Bollocks,

20. Oh I love the fact that I'm allowed to write rudely words.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information