1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumb Motorways

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by PerryL, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Can I ask you why you are being advised to drop the charges against the scumbag that stabbed you?

2. of Course you can mte..
    Police advised me to due to a so called lack of evidence.. the muggers are claiming it was a road rage argument where i struck one of them causing physical harm.. There’s no cctv or dash cam and no weapon ( they had got rid of it obv) also they are claiming that i must have injured myself somehow hence receiving the wound... The police and hospital are 100 percent sure that my wound was a stab wound..
    Because i had bruises on my right hand across the knuckles they say that’s the evidence that says i hit him.. I’ve never denied the punch..

The police know what happened, off the record they have told me the muggers don’t have a chance in hell should it get to court... X

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. You know nothing of the way this game is played.
    The true win occurs when you arrive home on fumes and your better half borrows your car, returning it full

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. My car is always tank full and smart motorways are dumb and middle lane hoggers are a nightmare
    Too many people on motorways who only drive them at holiday times
    I like to make use of the spaces available but I do always go back to lane 1
    Lane 3 on the bike :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. That's because you're a girl and don't understand the visceral joy of playing Fuel Light Bingo

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. One day i was at home listening to the radio and a traffic report came on saying ... please take extreme caution as it’s reported a car is being driven around the M25 the wrong way into oncoming traffic...

I phoned my Wife who i knew would be on the M25 at that time as she had messaged me as she left her Sisters in Slough!

She was fully hands free so i called her mobile.. She answered and confirmed that yes she was on the M25 ..

I said.. “ please be very careful as there’s a maniac in a car driving the wrong way around the motorway and into oncoming traffic”

Her reply.. “well actually that’s not quite correct because in actual fact there’s literally hundreds of the idiots driving round the wrong way, not just the one, i’m seeing it before me with my very own eyes! ..... “
    X

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Or the upper body workout you get from pushing a Ford Sierra...... :joy:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I have in the past :D

9. I had a Ford Mondeo Estate once as a company car (i'd hate you to think I'd actually buy a Mondeo)that I was playing Fuel Light Bingo with when I discovered that the read out telling me I had 24 miles to go before I ran out was lying to me like a cheap russian watch and left me on the Ringwood Road 500meters from the Tesco Superstore I was aiming for. Mrs Four or Five was with me at the time and was most unimpressed. It being a Diesel meant I had to make about 20 trips to get enough fuel in the tank to allow it to self prime, giving her plenty of time to really work up a deep anger.
    I maintained she had no place being angry as the car had lied to me.

On an unrelated subject our spare room is quite comfortable.

#69 Four or Five, Jan 25, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Yes PerryL , I am / we are still working and travelling this was to the Navy yard to repair equipment used in inspecting the ships internal metal work and hulls. Our services have been restricted to production stoppage only .

11. Sorry, I "assumed" that it was a leisure trip. I know of no other reason to visit Plymouth!

12. If she was Mrs 4 or 5 are you now figuratively speaking on number 6 or...

13. Mondildo’s will do that to a man

14. Actually she is Mrs Five, my first and middle names are Four or

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. upload_2021-2-11_23-53-17.png

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...-referred-to-cps-over-m1-smart-motorway-death

"Nicholas Chapman, representing the firm, told the hearing there was “no policy for the constant monitoring of motorways”. He said footage from a CCTV camera covering the scene of the crash was relayed to a busy regional control centre staffed by seven or eight people.

Footage from around 450 roadside cameras – including 287 on smart motorways – across the Yorkshire and north-east region was sent to that site, he said.

Operators may occasionally look at CCTV images when they’re not engaged in responding to other incidents, but there is no constant or routine monitoring. It’s simply not part of the safety standard.”

He said there was no evidence that any of the operators were aware of the stationary vehicle and decided to ignore it or did anything else “other than conscientiously go about their duties”.

WTAF????? :astonished:

I'm no fan of cameras as my periodic (alright, "daily") rants testify, but if we must have them, at least use them effectively.

#77 Zhed46, Feb 12, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2021
    • WTF WTF x 1
  17. Worryingly (to me) is that nobody with a brain larger than a pea, speaks up and says, "This is fecking madness!" and so they all just go about their duties, quietly - or, they are sacked.

It comes to something when you would be really scared if the current PM had the job. "Blah, blah, blah, urrrm, urrrrm, what was I looking at again?". SMASH!

18. Surely it must be possible to have the cameras monitored by computer which will pick up stopped vehicles in any lane, which then alerts someone?

Total disconnect with any sense of reality. Knowing this lot, they will hire Cummings & Dildo to redo the system...

19. I believe that they do have that technology - just not everywhere, yet.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information