1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvla,,,,dont Ya Just Love Em?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Rick B, Aug 10, 2017.

1. About 4 weeks ago me and a couple of mates were talking about bike licences and I was going on about how easy it was when I passed in 1988,Anyhow that lead me to have a look at my licence and low and be-frickin-hold my A entitlement had vanished, presumably when I exchanged from paper to photo card,,,,Gutted,,,
    So on the phone to our Welsh friends down at Swansea only to be told "if you aint got proof of an A on your licence, Tough shit!"
    So I go on the old tinternet and "Wow whats all this"? CBT,Theory,Mod 1,Mod 2 kin ell ive never done anything like that for 30 yrs.
    Anyhow after God knows how many hours on the good old YouTube the biggest knot in my stomach a few hundred fags and getting a great set of instructors I managed to get the little bastard back today, all in under 2 weeks, Oh and about £500 quid and the fact that my insurance will go up like a Korean rocket .
    Thank you Swansea.

2. Thread moved

3. I heard about this happening a few years ago. When I sent my licence off for moving house 3 years ago, I kept copies of everything just in case I was one of the unlucky ones. Luckily I was fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just sent my license off to have a class one bendy truck entitlement renewed, and saved a screen shot of the license entitlements just in case they fuck it up, as I had heard this has happened before. That sucks mate. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Bloody hell! Never heard this before, im off to check mine now!

6. Wow! How come they never loose info when selling details to parking enforcement.?!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. I was just watching that on the news before. Shows where their priorities lie, doesn't it. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Yeah, but them ya just ignore !! :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Widely known and publicised.

When I moved I unfortunately "lost" my licence so had to get a replacement when changing address at the same time. If they'd removed my A entitlement I'd have had to "find" my previous licence.

10. Apparently mate,screenshots,and copies don't count, HAS to be the original for some reason,I,d lost mine from 30 yrs ago due to house move etc.,

11. I remember when I sent mine off to exchange for the photo card version it was when the DVLA offices had a bomb threat so whether that had anything to do with it I'm not sure, but apparently in them days all it consisted off was somebody physically changing over from your old card(paper)licence to the (then)new photo card licence so they mainly put it down to "Human Error",I've heard that some people had Class 1 heavy goods entitlement returned with theirs by mistake.

12. Just checked my licence.

I passed my bike test long before I passed my car driving test ... but my entitlement to drive a 3.5 tonne vehicle of up to eight seats (with/without trailer) started when I passed my bike test? WTSF?

13. I must be ancient, my motorcycle entitlement category is 'D'.

14. Keep your plastic licence when you apply for a new one, pretend it's mislaid. Then there's something to prove your entitlement.
    This was a big issue when the plastic ones came in, but I thought that the DVLA must have sorted out the problems-appears not.

15. The entitlement category D is the old fashioned PSV (public service vehicle)

16. Thankfully not a bus, group D - any motor bicycle [with or without sidecar]

17. Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 18.59.57.png

18. Out of curiosity, how far back is PSV group D? My group D [motorcycle] licence is from 1972 [UK].

Do Not Sell My Personal Information