1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dvla Rant

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by MK Drew, May 9, 2017.

1. Why start a new DVLA thread when there are so many to tag onto. :mad:

Bought my new Hyperdoodah in mid Jan. No V5 by mid Feb, so I call the previous owner to see if he posted it off......"Yes, in the same envelope as the one for the van I sold to my mate, and he got his V5 2 weeks ago"

Right. Fill in an application (V62) for a new V5 nearly 2 weeks ago, include my little green new owner slip and wait by the letter box. Come home to a brown envelope today....DVLA on the front....Bingo thinks me. :) Anyhoo, a letter inside with my V62, saying that my application has been rejected because I "Have to include my full name, initials are not acceptable". :thinkingface: I look at the V62, my full name is there, check again, and again, and again. Yep, nothing wrong with it. :confused: So I call the DVLA, spend 10 mins on the phone to be told "Sorry sir, we must have made a mistake, just send us the V62 again" :mad: :mad:

So, it's looking like 2 months after buying the bike that I'll actually get the V5 for the thing. Good job the weather means I can't ride it, as without the new owners slip, I can't tax it. :rolleyes:

Rant over. :innocent:

2. I'm fairly sure there is a 12 digit reference number on the V5 that you can use to tax the bike whilst the papers are being processed, if you've just bought the vehicle.

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  3. Well, the weather means I don't need to do it this week, but helpful, lucid and well thought out suggestions like this don't help my rant. :mad:................:laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Yes thats right, it's the 12 digit number on the Green Slip. Follow the online questions and eventually it will ask for it.
    Worth knowing @Robarano if they cock-up again!!

5. The new owner little slip about an inch high/green slip

6. I have just started the Nova process - submitted everything on-line, they came back asking for proof of manufacture date and an invoice. Just mailed them a copy of the original C of C supplied with the vehicle and the invoice on Monday - I now wait for the next issue :thinkingface: then I have to start with the DVLA :worried:

7. Yep, it's called V5C/2 and the DVLA have it as it's used with the V62 to apply for a new V5. Hence not having the bit I need to tax the bike anymore.

8. Have you got a valid Uk driving licence? :upyeah::p

9. Has anyone?

10. well i have...

i think its a valid point relative to the sensible discussion of being away for a long time and then moving back.

11. You don't actually need to have the original V5C/2, just the code number to input online. So you can get the number off the photocopy of the V5C/2 which you have no doubt kept.

12. Yeah, Yeah, your attempt to make me look stoooopid has indeed paid dividends :p I sit next to a brand new colour photocopier all day and didn't think to do that. :grinning:

Anyhoo, I don't need to tax it because of the weather and was going to do it in April anyway. I also didn't make the same mistake when they sent the V62 back to me complete with a ink stamp saying "V5/2 Seen" I made 3 copies of that, sent the original by recorded delivery yesterday and logged all of the details of my phone call with Nicole from the DVLA. :) Hopefully I'll have the V5 late next week.

13. Actually you don't even need a photocopier - you can just use the camera in your phone to take a picture of the document so you can refer to it later. Surely nobody would be so stooopid they don't think to do that?

14. :pensive:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Discrimination is the word, you cannot be penalised if passed fit you are fit.

16. Well, another call to the DVLA yesterday, I'll paraphrase......... :rolleyes:

Me - "I still don't have my V5"
    Them (Her) - "What's your registration number and vehicle?"
    Me - "**63***, Ducati Hyperstrada"
    Them - "That bike isn't in your name"
    Me - "That's why I'm calling"
    Them - "It can take up to 6 weeks"
    Me - "It's been 8 weeks" :rolleyes:
    Them - "But only 3 weeks since you re-applied"
    Me - "Yes, but you've just confirmed that it still isn't in my name after 3 weeks, what makes you think it'll be done in 6 weeks?"
    Them - (she chuckles) "It can take 6 weeks"
    Me - "Yes, I heard that. What if after 6 weeks, it still isn't in my name? Do I have to start again"
    Them - "We have to go through some extra security with the registered keeper to confirm you are the new keeper"
    Me - "I spoke to the guy I bought the bike from 2 days ago, he's had nothing from you"
    Them - "It can take 6 weeks" :rolleyes:
    Me - "How am I supposed to tax the bike when you have not issued a V5 and have my new owners slip?"
    Them - "You should have taxed it when you bought it"
    Me - "It was in the middle of January, there was 2ft of snow on the ground and it's not a skidoo." "Anyway, when I got the V5 I was going to SORN it"
    Them - (She chuckles again) "You should have done that when you bought it"
    Me - "So this is my fault?"
    Them - "It can take 6 weeks. You can call back in a week's time"
    Me - "I suppose I'll have to"
    Them - "Is there anything else I can help you with?" :mad:
    Me - "Given the conversation over the last 5mins, I very much doubt it"
    Click..

I've spoken to the previous owner and he's been spot on. It's taxed until October, so he just says use it and he'll get his tax rebate whenever it comes. :upyeah: He's called the DVLA and they want him to write a letter to them explaining that he's sold the bike. :mad: So they now have the V5, my owners slip, an application for a new V5 and a letter from the previous owner. : unamused:

17. The Tax doesn't transfer to the new owner, you criminal.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. But I'm not the new owner. Ask the DVLA. :innocent:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Don't panic, it'll all be sorted in six weeks!! Some people are so impatient.
    Steve

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. Have you nicked it!!:astonished:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information