1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 Enduro Dwc -wheelie Control

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Edward Cunliffe, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Thoughts on setting in sport mode please, I like a nice power wheelie even if I'm not very good at it. Standard setting is '2' I think, what should that allow?

I'm not talking about getting to the balance point yet as I'm still relearning after 10 years off but front wheel 2 foot in the air on hard acceleration would be nice.

2. I've left mine on standard, it doesn't rise much. I can't stomach the financial hit if I crashed. Got to much going out for other things, but please fire back what you do.

• Like Like x 1
  3. On my DVT it just allows the front wheel to hover nicely under power when really cracking on... haven't really played with it much.

• Like Like x 1
  4. mines OFF....1st thing I did:upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Ok, further question. If the DWC cuts in (activates) do you feel it?

6. Yes it cuts the power. I have mine set at 3 for touring mode & if I set off as fast as poss, the power if less until it picks up some speed. In sport mode sets off like a scalded cat. Set at 1 I think.

7. Thanks Stevie, I've set mine at 1 for sports mode as well now.

8. Mines turned off and DTC turned down, the bikes a lot more lively and fun now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Not the best bike to learn-on but I get it.
    The wheelie control is there to prevent "unexpected" wheelies under hard acceleration.
    However, if you're deliberately attempting them, it's best to disable both the DWC and the DTC as the latter is also a form of wheelie control.
    Start slowly from there without interference from the electronics which would otherwise screw you up.

#9 DarR, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
  10. Thanks DarRRR, no probably not the best bike to learn to wheelie but I've wheelied before, on a closed road of course :innocent:

Interesting your comment about the DTC, hadn't thought about that, yes I suppose once the front wheel is off the deck and you're still accelerating then the back wheel is going faster than the front so DTC may kick in.

11. For me, second gear wheelies are the most gratifying. You get the distance without a violent take-off.
    Although it will easily wheelie under power alone, the height is best managed by clutching-it-up.
    Power wheelies rise slowly at first then accelerates.

As an aside:
    When I started to learn, the most difficult thing for me to overcome was the reflex to chop the throttle to bring the bike down.
    I now stay on the gas and use the rear brake to control the height.

#11 DarR, Feb 17, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information