1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Dyno Comparison - Standard V Termi Exhaust

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tobers, Oct 6, 2015.

1. What the termo system seems have is two larger sections, about 6" long (like a boa having swallowed a rat) that Tobers says is a baffle. Then there is a second baffle in the can. Thats what I suspect is creating a potential reduction in top end power gain, as yiu have essentially 3 baffles

2. Got back from a test ride on a DVT today when the shop announced that they'd just received a 'mid range' tune. They downloaded it then gave me back the keys to see if it made much difference. A quick 10 minute blast certainly seemed to show a stronger response in the 4-5k range

• Like Like x 1
  3. Checking out the arrow site, it says 4hp increase

4. So are you saying this map up date is also available in the UK ??

5. Yep. It was published yesterday.

6. Just booked mine in for early next week.

7. Regarding the latest ECU/map update, I had my DVT in for a new fuel level sensor recently and the dealer confirmed that there was no new "upmap" for bikes with the full Termignoni system and upmap installed.

The magic Ducati diagnostic box checks which map is on the bike and determines if an update needs to be done. So there is no improved Ducati upmap which is better than the existing "DP2" upmap that comes with the full Termi system.

Those looking to get the Termi system may want to try the new "standard" map before shelling out £1700.

Personally I love my bike. It absolutely flies, and is easily more responsive midrange than those pesky S1000XRs (following back-to-back ride last weekend).

8. Cheers Tobers but just fitted the Termi, now need to get the dealer to do the magic bit with the UpMap.

Termi.jpg

9. You won't be disappointed.

10. Ooh. Shiny: Akrapovič

But I wonder how it'll compare to the factory Termi given that it doesn't appear to come with an upmap?

11. I love the Termi sound, had a quick blip when I finished it but it was late and didn't want to upset the neighbours, expensive but worth in imho. Had Termi on all my Ducati's bar my 2010 MTS.

12. Am looking at full arrow system for mine, well decat pipes not headers, £560 delivered...

13. I'd question this with the dealer or perhaps @nelly can kindly shed some light on how the Termi upmap works alongside the 'standard map'

With the reported new BHP in this thread of 144bhp rw

1200 DVT - Us Forum Reporting New Ecu Update For Fuel Mapping | Ducati Forum

I'd want to know why a Termi 'race map' is producing less especially after shelling out £1700.

Is it because the Termi upmap is built on what the base map is prior to doing the flash?

My point being is if you started with the newly reported base map of circa 144bhp and then installed the termi map would it benefit more and probably knock you over the 150bhp mark?

You'd blood hope so....well i would anyway, failing that i'd give them the termi back frankly as its hardly the performance upgrade they position it as.

14. I just think that the dvt seems to be a step back in power. Lookimg at arrow, they claim it lifts power from 134 to 139, hardly a 160 horses fire breathing monster

Cant say I understand enough to know how the dvt affects these things or how 'smart' the ecu is on it

15. Yes, this is the key question. I would have expected a new Termi "upmap" to be released at the same time TBH. I can't be arsed to take the Termi off, revert to the "base" map, get that upgraded to the new base map, get that dyno'd, then do another dyno run with the Termi on with the upmap.

16. Why would you. You love it as it is :upyeah::upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  17. @tobers as someone else stated I think, maybe the termi map works off the base DVT map, so might make a difference if the new base map was uploaded, and then the termi put back on, might be worth a call to a dealer

18. Thanks, but it's a replacement map, not a cumulative map. Basically it's just a data file that's overwritten with another data file.

Anyway, this Rexxer stuff looks interesting if they're working on a race system exhaust. We'll have to keep an eye on that and see who is the first to blink :)

19. Upmap done n very happy. Bike is minging but the pops n bangs make it worthwhile. +1 for the full Termi :grinning:

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information