1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1200 DVT Dyno Comparison - Standard V Termi Exhaust

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by tobers, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Agreed, but with lamda probes/o2 sensors acting as gate keepers to what the ecu fuels, they have to disable the sensors and build a fueling map from trims, and it becomes fixed if my understanding is correct.

The advantage to combining something like the DP ecu and lamda shift is that you get the (presumed) timing advance of the dp programming, but the ecu has the ability to switch from open to closed loops as necessary, adjust for conditions as necessary....the lamda shift just gives the ecu a new reference.

2. Hi folks,
    Interesting results from the DVT, I have a Leo Vince decat pipe with Mivv silencer (which has a small baffle) and took it to Dave Woods, Aylesbury for a custom remap. I don't know what the performance was on standard cat and stubby termi, but before the remap with the LV and Mivv I had 138bhp at 9154rpm and 85.4ft lbs torque at 7542 rpm, post remap I have 145.3bhp at 9098rpm and 88.7 ft lbs at 7615rpm.
    There is more power than I can use anyway and main reason for th remap was to ensure fuelling wasn't too weak with the absence of the cat. For the few hundred quid cost I thought it was worth ensuring the engine doesn't come to any harm and it's performing as well as can be.

3. Can they do a custom map? I was under the impression no one has yet broken the DVT ecu

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Certainly not been offered by either CJS or MR to date that I know of and of the usual suspects, you would have expected them to be the first. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Good question, contact Dave Wood Racing, Aylesbury, and ask him if you like.

6. Thinking about shelling out for a full system, couple of questions, the footpeg hanger, it doesn't change the footpeg height? and does the exhaust have any effect on the panniers or the number plate, heard in the early days that it melted the plate and effected the panniers, as most of riding is 2 up and a couple of holidays a years with the panniers this is a concern before shelling out lots of £££££

7. Footpeg is the same height. Exhaust doesn’t have any effect on the panniers. Exhaust can toast the number plate - stick some silver tape on the back of the plate and you’ll be fine.

8. Any comparisons on the 1260 Termi vs Std yet?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Manufacturers spend millions on getting exhaust's to perform as well as keeping to noise and emissions laws ... so the benefits you have got that its lighter than the stock system and looks better and sounds better its moved the power to a different area making it more fun to ride o_O ive just gain 9hp and 5ft with a airbox & trumpet and exhaust mods :p

10. Interesting. I had my 2013 Pikes Peak remapped in 2016 after fitting decat and mivv silencer at Dave Wood Racing and 145hp vs 138hp and 88ft lbs vs 85 ft lbs. Its for sale if anyone wants it.

11. Just stick a 7x5 number plate on it, problem sorted.
    Before anyone says it’s illegal, bollox !

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information