1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Dyno Sheet 1260

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Topbox, Jul 27, 2018.

1. Doesn't matter what they do, while they have those two opposing cylinders, they will not be a good a fast road bike as the multi.

I know, because I had one and it lived at 90% throttle all the time and sometimes 110%!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  2. That QD chart is an outlier that's completely different from other dyno results. Those dips???
    The overlap is a visual mess but that's another issue altogether.

3. True, and it's not till you've ridden one that you appreciate that

This is true also but if you are choosing a gs or any adventure bike for top speed, then perhaps adventure was the wrong choice?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. The statement was a GS is faster. It simply isn't. And while they are built as they are, never will be. And that's not just a straight line, thats the twisty stuff where 80mph is balls out high risk.

An s1000XR mind you...very different answer ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. I just hate being a bubble bursting pricklet but the GS is not a sport touring bike. The S1000XR is, which BTW is awesome. It's only competition is the Multistrada as nothing but nothing compares to these two as they are miles above anything else in the sport touring class. Handling, power, comfort, you name it. Between the two, it boils down to which one you like best.

6. I know you would only consider the KTM 1260 if you like 19" front wheels and your boxes designed with a set square, but I dont think you can completely dismiss 160bhp and cornering ABS.

TB

7. The KTM is a great Adventure bike. Top contender in that class for sure.

8. The SuperDuke GT is definitely in the mix, just depends if you like orange..

9. Have you tried the 1250 yet Paul ?

10. No matey. I tend to buy not test ride tbh. I’m fact, buy without test riding lol

But 136hp and 249kgs tells me the multi will be quicker, everywhere ecxcept the Sahara ;0

11. With just a bit of tweaking this is the Multistrada Pikes Peak race bike.
    I don't know anything in the sport touring realm that can come close to this.

#31 DarR, Dec 8, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Just had a "for charity" Dyno Run on my Multistrada 1260PP. Half the proceeds went to the Diabetes Foundation. Great Idea.
    Lots of fun. Awesome turnout. Guys were betting on closest dyno estimates vs results. Totally hilarious.
    Here's my results. 141.04 HP. No torque figures and the chart lacks details. but it's for charity!
    Multistrada 1260 PP.png

#32 DarR, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. For a bike quoted at 160 by ducati that’s pretty disappointing imho.

Btw I have bought a 1250 Gs (discussion early in this thread) and can say with confidence the multi is faster and handles better. But the Gs does alright ;)

Also btw any GS on the dunk seems to come back 129/130 against the 136 claim. Shaft dive and still closer to reality!

14. out of interest Dar, what gear did they do the tests using ?
    And is that meant to be engine or rear wheel bhp ?
    If its rear wheel then its pretty good imo.

@bradders the new GS certainly does well, doesnt it. One ridden well and ragged mercilessly certainly gives a Multi a run for its money. The difference is the multi is doing it effortlessly (or feels like it anyway)
    I'm not a BMW lover but can certainly appreciate how much they have come on from the 1150, 1200, early 1200LC, etc

'on the dunk' :joy::joy:

15. We've seen worse. An 11% drop is not that bad considering how HP is measured: crankshaft (158) vs rear wheel (141).
    Although it would be nice to see consistency between manufacturer's claim vs real world results.

16. @John W
    I didn't count the shifts but think he did use all gears.
    Most damaging to my ego was my buddy's 2016 or 17 1200 DVT with a Rapidbike unit which pulled a 141.91 hp.
    I will be poked in the ribs for awhile i'm afraid.

#36 DarR, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2019
  17. Shame you didn't get a torque sheet too, as surely thars where the 1260 gains the most.
    Tell your mates that anyway ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. More torque for sure but the Rapidbike unit on his 1200 made a huge difference over stock.
    141.91 with the RB vs 133.7 stock as shown here:
    https://www.cycleworld.com/resizer/...aws.com/public/QBSOH3JELOYNXHYIOFXIUDSNLE.jpg

However, I'll get him back with a 100 KPH roll-on in sixth where the 1260 has a 10HP advantage.
    Here's his 1200S:
    Screenshot from 2019-09-30 20:11:13.png
    We both have the same gearing at 15/42.

#38 DarR, Sep 30, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
  19. The trouble is @DarR, just how many people really do a 100kph (~62.5mph) roll on in top gear.
    I'm more likely to be in 4th at that speed, and drop to 3rd to wind it on for overtakes.

So whilst you may have more power on the 1260 at those revs/gear it is irrelevant, I would be up the revs a few k rpms and likely match or even have more power ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. @John W
    True that. I could pick another combination of speed and gear.
    Like they say: "There's no replacement for displacement"
    Moreover, 1 hp at the top is meaningless.

#40 DarR, Oct 1, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information