1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Dyno Sheet 1260

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by Topbox, Jul 27, 2018.

1. I echo that. Would be valuable to see the shape of the curve on a dyno chart from an owner's bike, not from the exhaust manufacturer.

2. Testastretta V2 vs Granturismo V4
    Same testers, same Dyno, same location.
    Is the new Grandtourismo V4 engine restricted in North-America?
    Would be interesting to see a "side by side" comparison with the same tester, dyno and location in Europe.

Multistrada 1260 vs V4.png

#42 DarR, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
  3. Thanks but we've all seen that and then some. Where's the Bennett 1260 dyno pulls?
    In the absence of Bennett Dyno'ing the 1260, the V4 numbers are not relative in isolation.
    We need to see 1260 and V4 charts by the same tester, dyno and location in Europe.
    Otherwise, you're comparing apples to oranges.

#44 DarR, Apr 6, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Well BSD for the uk are a trusted DYNO , unless you are perhaps stating they are not . I have used them , they have no axe to grind and the equipment up to date . Why are the graphs different out of interest , just seems same dyno but different print outs .odd.

#45 Captain, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
  5. I'm not questioning the integrity or professionalism of the tuner. It's not that at all.
    Dynamometers are not absolute instruments. They're relative instruments.
    Each tuner has their preferences as to the settings they prefer.
    For example, the smoothing may be different, the scale STD or SAE also makes a difference.
    Even the horsepower: 1 HP = 745.7 Watts whereas 1 HP (metric) = 735.5 Watts
    Then there's atmospheric differences as well.
    Consequently, you can't just compare one tuner's results with another.

#46 DarR, Apr 7, 2022
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Here's another Dyno result I just found which produced 146 horsepower and 80 ft/lb
    You see, they're all different thus incomparable although some are closer than others.

Multi V4 Dyno Motostatz.png

7. I’m past caring about Dyno charts and power curves, it’s how the bike feels when I ride it that I’m interested in.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  8. Then why are you even here?
    This thread is for members who are interested in Dyno results.
    Move along to other threads.

9. Sorry sir, I won’t do it again. :p

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. #51 DarR, Jan 31, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2023
  11. I must say, dyno threads aren’t as popular as they used to be. Kinda gone out of fashion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. In reality, I don't think most people are interested or care. It's all about how the bike rides and the rider feels on it, not about bragging rights in the bar about who's got more torque, or god forbid, POWER..........:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. IDK about that. Power and Torque are really important for throwing those darts and lifting that pint.:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  14. If it wasn’t important manf wouldn’t shout about it

Do Not Sell My Personal Information