1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynojet Baseline Settings

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by Desmoquattro, May 12, 2019.

1. To anyone that has installed a Dynojet kit, could you please share your baseline settings? I have K and N, open airbox and cans. Ian

2. You need a Stage 2 kit, with the larger size jets that come with the kit.

The Dynojet info below should help.

But don't forget, the Dynojet kit is intended to be fitted when the bike was deemed to have been set up and running properly before any mods were made.

In other words, it is relying on the fuel/float levels to be correct and the timing spot-on, of course.

AL

Attached Files:

#2 Arquebus, May 12, 2019
    Last edited: May 12, 2019
  3. Al, thanks for that, will have a look. Bikes been stripped down so I have plenty work to do yet with it. Thought it best to set up carbs before putting back on bike. Its an ie engine with carby heads and Mikunis. The rest of yhe bike has been made up from spare parts I had....

4. I would be inclined to set the float heights at say, 12 to 12.5mm, probably the latter.

Trouble is, the measurement is arbitrary and there are two other ways to deal with the fuel level. 1) Have the bike sorted on a dynometer or 2) measure the angle the carbs sit at on the bike, then clamp them at the same angle in a vice.

That way you can use the clear tube method.

You connect the tube to the float bowl drain (one at a time) and hold it so it curves upright then slacken the drain screw enough to let the tube fill, and check the level in the tube to see if it is between 5 to 6mm above the line on the float bowl. (IIRC the fuel level measurement should also be 16 to 18mm below the bottom of the word MIKUNI).

5. Great Al, thanks. A fountain of knowledge as always! I have yet to set the float heights and value this information

6. Ian, I have only learned from research......some of it is guesswork, so the only way to be certain is get the bike on a rolling road etc.....(as Ducati would say it was supposed to be done)....so whatever/however we get our bikes running right is usually approximation.
    AL

7. With this info, itll give me a good place to start, theres a great Ducati guru in Edinvurgh now, so I will go to him if I need fine tuning. As long as I can get it running semi-decent, I can fettle it after. Thanks

8. Hey Ian, I've set a few of these up with Dynojet kits,
    The setting you want are 150 mains, dynojet recommends 4th notch on the needle but you'll find that way too rich, go for 2.5 notches from the top, pilot screws about 3 turns out, float levels I'd go for 14 mm measured on the floats, with the cans and open airbox you'll find this will work well.

#8 Pauldonjuan, May 15, 2019
    Last edited: May 15, 2019
  9. Paul, is that 2 notches or 5 or 2.5 lol.

Thanks for help

10. 2.5 notches, put the c clip in 2nd notch from top and put the shim underneath it.

11. Aha, great, thanks!

12. 14mm seems to make the pilot circuit and low range revs run weak (hence 3 turns out or more on the screws). That's why the bikes can be pigs in low speed traffic. My 750 was quite rideable around town with OEM sprockets etc.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information