1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ear Plugs - Yes Or No?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by duke63, Jun 27, 2018.

1. Any hesitation here:thinkingface:..........just buy some different types and experiment

2. Hopefully this is readable. Hearing Article.jpg

3. I’ve got the pinlock version and it’s got an extended lip so you can pull them out. I don’t find them very comfortable for long periods so might try the Ultimate Ears.

4. I use the custom plugs with filter - lets me listen to Spotify etc, use my intercom - but cust all the loud sounds including wind noise.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Always have, and always will wear them.
    My ears are blx'd after years in construction, but I want to protect what is left.

6. My first couple of bikes were Hondas (CBR650F and CBR1000rr). Never really felt the need to put in plugs at all. Then I got a 959 and made sure I put in plugs. Then I got a 1299S and went out got fitted for custom made plugs. Not cheap especially when I lost them and had to pay for replacements. I recently traded the Panigale for a new Monster 1200S and now I dont bother with plugs unless doing a long trip.

7. Never worn them..not even on long runs, as I have always thought that any form of sensory deprivation was unsafe. But I suppose I should try them at least once, and see what all the fuss is about.

• Like Like x 1
  8. You soon get used to them and then as others have said it's hard to ride without them.
    They just become part of putting your kit on like helmet and gloves.

9. Earplugs...........................YES:upyeah:

10. A few things from the thread...

For those with narrow ear canals (is that really a thing?) the foam ones work because you slightly wet them and roll them in your fingers, then when they go in they expand out and seal. Which is the most comfortable! Nothing worse that one that is lodged as it's going to fall out.

I use the disposable foam ones (smooth one) because I like the fact they cut out 'just enough'. Tht means they cut out most of the wind buffeting but I can still hear the exhausts and the over-run pops and bangs etc and can hear other cars etc.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Custom made earplugs,money well spent

12. Never have and never will, I like to hear what's going on...…..until I go deaf

13. Since using earplugs I’ve actually found they help me concentrate better on the road ahead.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Blu Tack. You heard it here first.

I am a massive fan of ear plugs and have used Blu Tack for everything for over 20 years. This includes concerts, swimming (i get surfers ear), riding and when the neighbours are having a party at bed time.

They cut out most of the noise, but not all, and fit like custom plugs.... once you've pushed them in far enough. And they're free! Just get them from the stationary cupboard at work :)

Try them, i suspect that a lot of people would be pleasantly surprised.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. What next, epoxy? :scream:

16. Andre is absolutely right about one thing though.

I heard it here first!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Mine have arrived in the post today, so for the first time ever I will be having a go this weekend.
    Steve

18. Mine arrived. One pair of ‘light’ noise and one heavier duty pair. Fit and feel are good. Tried them in the office and it completely cut out our noisy air con unit.

image.jpg image.jpg

19. Blumin ek, they look a bit more expensive than the ones I purchased!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information