1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

1. I haven't studied others as you have, so probably yes :)
    Then you have to add on the passion factor of how much you want it - but it won't be popular on resale - even if it does look OK.
    Stay Cool :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. I don't have one for sale ? Just would not buy that one......

3. Ah, sorry. Confused you with another poster.

Why wouldn't you buy that one fella?

4. Cause as Lotus laddo says, you will struggle on resale, and it looks a bit un Ducati in that colour if you get me ? Its taken away the Pans identity, and if I'm honest, I find race reps a bit cheesy. But mainly for resale, unless you can pay buttons for it ??

• Like Like x 1
  5. Thanks Ex. It's only the colour that people will be against though, yes? I'm not sure if I'm missing a subtle hint from you and Wayne that that's a known bike that should be avoided perhaps.

6. Not at all - just the colour (unless someone knows any different.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mate, I don't know the bike at all. But in my experience, some race reps are done to cover a multitude of other sins, such as crash damage, that is not rare. So for that and for resale, I would avoid, just my 2 cents :D

• Like Like x 1
  8. I know exactly what you're saying. I too should find reps a bit cheesy- I'm 44, FFS-, and I actively dislike the side of me that is so drawn to them, especially one like this that has effectively made the bike look like a Suzuki. And yet I find myself thinking about this.

Sadly, the bloke won't let it go for buttons. I think I need to factor in replacement panels/ a paint job should I ever stand a chance of selling it, but of course that's not the sellers concern. He's standing firm at 14.

9. One man's pride and joy, lovingly personalised and "improved" beyond recognition. The strong money is in an original bike or at least with all the original parts that were removed and history tells us that in the real world you never get back what you spend on adding bits. The paint job is very individual and I disagree with the owner's belief that his bike is better than an 's'. A cautionary tale, I recall meeting a vegitarian who bought a TVR Chimera 4.0 HC from new and specified cloth upholstery. She eventually resold it after 11 months of ownership for half of what she paid for it. Andy

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Yeah, I know you're right. Without question. It's a disaster at both ends. My only fear is I'm exactly the kind of penis to run towards these things, despite all the signs. Perhaps the best thing is for me to give you all my money so that I can't spend it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. So walk away and find a good original bike. Job Bob a Jobbed !! :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. I'll look after that for you :)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Feel free, post it on down, I can certainly buy something better than that Rins GSXR=-RR replica for 14k :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Thanks Andy. I'm with you on the colour- though I must admit, it not being like all the others is part of the appeal for me- but what makes you say the bike is not better than the s? I'm not disagreeing at all, I just don't know the 1299 market so I'd be glad of your thoughts.

15. o
    Too late - you snooze you loose :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. You're too good to me mate. I'll get Wayne to send you whatever's left after his management fees.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Paint scheme will make it worth less and the wheels hurt my eyes. I wouldn't buy unless it was to good a deal not too. AKA - cheap).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. He cannot be trusted like me :eek:

19. :upyeah: You were saying Lotus :p pokeytongueemoji:

20. I forgot that he might be as bad at choosing friends as bikes :innocent:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information