1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

1. That’s a relist from last week. What do you think that should actually go for?

2. I don’t know too much about the mark 1 sl’s. Could someone educate me on the difference between them and the 1199s/r, please? I love learning this stuff.

3. Basically, lots of magnesium (frame & wheels), more carbon & titanium, equating to a 12kg weight saving (although only 7kg lighter than the Mk 2 Pani R).

Only 500 made.

Mk 1 SL

Mk 1 Pani R

4. 1198 SP ... nice looking bike with low miles ... top money ... on eBay

5. Thanks R, that’s really interesting. Are they worth the price differential over the R bikes then?

6. Not in my opinion, but then you could quite justifiably argue that the R isn't worth the price differential over an S. :thinkingface:

You pays your money and makes your choice.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. They certainly don’t seem to have held their value as well as the mark 2 or the D16. Id be fascinated to know why.

8. Well, as you ask..........:innocent:

D16RR is a one off homologation special based on a MotoGP bike. You could argue that it's far removed from the GP bike to a greater or lesser degree, but it's not based on a street bike, it is based on the GP bike.

I bought my Mk 2 Pani R as I see it as the last of the V-Twin R bikes. Rarer than the Mk 1 and well sorted. I see them becoming collectable in the future. Not cheap, but not £40k exotica.

Superleggera...............A very expensive Panigale and the Mk 2 SL seems to have affected values. o_O

#6068 Robarano, May 22, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Top man, thanks R. I wonder if these mark 1s are the sort of thing that might be tricky to sell as a result of the above, and therefore open to cheeky offers? Most especially since real world prices for D16s are actually c40k, despite all the ridiculous asking of 70k.

#6069 Nervy, May 22, 2018
    Last edited: May 22, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Poor old Rossi, I know things are not great on track these days for him but blimey, living in Reading now!!! And still can’t get rid of his old Panni..

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/323268622331

( Not that I’ve anything against Reading)

11. That has been for sale for well over a year. I spoke to the chap about it in Jan of last year, and even then it’d been relisted three or four times.

12. I haven't read a book for years :thinkingface:

13. I think a little bit north of that, but certainly not close to the £60k - £70k some are asking.

14. It's been blighted by a paint job. Paint jobs are personal taste. Liked by a few, disliked by many. Sounds like a decent bike probably would have sold by now had it been standard.

• Like Like x 1
  15. In fairness to the paint job (which I really like, as I am officially gaudy and tasteless), the seller doesn’t help matters either. He shouted at me on the phone because I asked him what his price was (I actually asked if there was any negotiation on the price, I didn’t try and make him an offer or anything), and this was before he added the part to his advert about not discussing prices and also when the bike was 13.5k, which is too much for an 8800 mile S with a paint job only I could like.

• Useful Useful x 1
  16. #6077 Robarano, May 23, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Ahhh glad to see you were on the case mte... that’s case, not as in bookcase... neither not as in On the case’.. like, your were actually sitting on a suitcase.. Just, that your on the case..

Well that’s all that cleared up nicely then.. I’m going to settle down for a red of my fave book.. all about the Read Ducati 748/916 series... no yellow ones obv... x

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information