1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Yes, I knew that, just wondered if somebody had bitten the bullet and bought it despite previous rumour /comments about the seller.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. My comments weren't rumour but fact.

3. Did you visit his premises then & meet him.:thinkingface:

4. Bought a bike off him

5. Ok, I wasn’t sure of the circumstances and if you were directly affected by the seller’s behaviour so I thought I’d err on the side of caution.
    Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience, I hope it wasn’t too costly.

Nice pic of a Lancaster btw!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yes and no, long story, I'm more bitter about being lied to! I would of bought that 749r if he'd of been straight with me. Anyways it could be a great bike but all I would say is check everything then check it twice with the rose tints off.

• Like Like x 1
  7. What’s the score with this 749r then. Why so dodgy? What’s this guy actually done

• Like Like x 1
  8. We’re a;l interesting now. What’s the facts of this case, so as to inform others in the brethren who may I’m future cross the sellers path?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  9. Have you considered carpet bombing him.;)

10. The story was on the forum, but I've forgotten - something about not having original bits and then putting them on Ebay after the sale or summit...

or something totally different, but the guy was a wrong un :)

11. I bought a bike described as lovely condition etc. Now I couldn't view it personally at the time due to other commitments. I've done this before and never had a issue, maybe I've been lucky? I asked all the normal questions, got lots of photos everything as it should be, spoke to him on the phone etc he seemed very genuine and pleasant.
    Arranged for a friend of a friend to collect the bike for me he likes bikes but that's it, collected no problem said the guy was nice lovely house.
    I get the bike the alloy subframe had been swapped out for a bip one so I called him, he said his sorry's tried to sell me it as a positive to have the bip on anyway he promised to send me the alloy one. Phoned him a few times usual crap, never got it.
    Upon checking bike more the chain had tried eating through the swingarm binned that bought another, paint cracks and runs in the tail unit, runs on the nose cone, every panel had some crack or defect, forks had been scrapped at the bottom of the outer tube but then turned around to hide the fact, oil cooler had a small leak but in overall terrible condition sure there's more.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Was this one the 748R in red.:thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information