1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Yes if you can live with it not being original.:thinkingface:...i'd agree to buy and then decided to reject a very nice 900ss that had the old fashioned Data-tagged etching on the fairing panels.:mask:

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. My 996 has the etched Data-tag numbers but when the weather gets really crap all panels tail section and the tank are going to a paint restorers and i'm getting all that shit taken off and the bloody annoying dent in tank sorted, while that is done the engine paint needs some TLC.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I don't think you can bodyfill the etching as the paint bleeds through again.:thinkingface:

4. Yes i was aware of that but i'll let them see what they can do if not i'll just live with it after all i bought it to ride so not bothered about putting mileage on it ether(don't tell the wife i bought it to ride:laughing:, she will fucking kill).

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Is it?, i found it under my usual Ducati search and yes you do get the odd one that seems to slip in, there was a Fireblade a couple of weeks back.

• WTF WTF x 1
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. Surprisingly perhaps Ron, that asking price is close to the ballpark of what the elite seems to fetch. £6000-7000 is normally where they sit. If it's a proper full engineering restoration with documentation and not just a tart up it may be worth not far off the ballsy asking price to the right buyer.

The seller has clearly been copying and pasting from Ian Faloon's book though, rather than details about the bike for sale, which doesn't inspire confidence

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. one of the disadvantages off not being on Friendbook sadly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  8. It’s a private group, you’d have to join but it’s probably worth you doing so bearing in mind your requirements.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information