1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. not quite sure, but I think that's where the time and patience is supposed to be needed? :thinkingface:

2. Ohhhhh. I like that.

3. 749r is the one to have imho, and that generation. But it’s twice what it’s really worth ;)
    Bottom must fall out of this market soon....or are there really that many fools with money to burn?!

4. I don’t think the market will drop significantly if at all. There is a lot of money around looking for a home right now with appalling savings interest rates and a more than usually volatile stock market. So what if you lose a few grand in a bike - you can easily lose that in a day on the market. And you have something nice and physical to enjoy.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. That was up about a month ago with an insane buy it now price of around £30k iirc!
    Think he's since taken a reality check.
    It's probably reached around its true economic value already imho. Interesting to see where it ends up.
    Lot of hard work and money needs throwing at it.

6. That presupposes you A have money that would normally be lumped into the market and are more risk averse, B if you are so risk averse daily fluctuations affect your decision you won’t be long term investing and C you like bikes and are happy to tie up cash in a peak efficiency of metal that isn’t worth anything until you sell it

2.3m on the dole next year.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Cheer up Bradders. :kissing_heart:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. I’m ok matey, good job, about as safe as you could be right now, bike money burning a hole in my pocket....it’s the other poor bastards I worry about :(

Although that Pani R will be pursuing further south towards 15k soon and in reach ;)

• Love You Love You x 1
  9. It's reached £6.6k so far,but folk will bid more but don't understand restoring any vehicle costs sheds loads today unlike 10 / 15 years ago.

10. ....and they don't answer back like the missus.;)

11. Your not wrong , i used to love restoring two strokes ypvs.lc, kr1s, and my last one kh250, just cost to much money to get the bike and then the spares etc, all the fun has gone out of it now, well for me it has.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Some people with lots of enthusiasm and passion will go to the end of the world with a rebuild just to relieve the boredom in life or becuase they can fix things for the hell of it,but for me i need to be in the black financially everytime.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Trouble is they then get pissy when trying to sell for twice what it’s worth and someone points it out because they are moaning they have no bites to buy : unamused:

• Like Like x 2
  14. I don't mid spending a bit too much or losing a little at sales time so long as I've had fun fixing the bike (or whatever) from crappy to something really nice & functional. I always keep these toys for a year or so too, so that i get the use of them for a while and that's worth something to me as well. Its meant that I've owned a few things that I've enjoyed which I wouldn't have had - if a profit had to be calculated in the purchase/ project. I guess we're all different.

• Like Like x 3
  15. I'm at that stage today where i need to put new tyres & inner tubes (in stock & dragging my heels for years) on the motorcycle,but the wheel spokes are looking shitty,question is do i leave them as they're or spend £320 on new ones and perhaps the hubs need a refurb at this stage as well,yes the bike would better for it but a mathematical sandwich i'm not so sure about.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information