1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

1. OK. I have succumbed! I started looking at Fantics on that web site above. I think that I been worn down and now not so sure that the Supersport S will be my "fun bike".
    upload_2021-5-6_15-33-49.png
    I remember these from my "moped days". A mate had one and we all took the p1ss! Wrongly!

2. Yes prices have gone stupid in recent times for most things and i'm getting concerned when it's my turn for moving them on, i.e will there be anybody out there in the marketplace with large wallets.

3. add to the list?

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Have you ridden one yet Chris?

They seem to hold their price amazingly well, I've yet to see a "good priced" used one (thankfully otherwise I would be poorer).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. I’ve still yet to ride one Jez, I think I would be buying on looks more than performance after reading lots of reviews. As you say, price is a factor and if I’d seen one at “a steal “would probably have bought by now.

6. So whats your conclusions from reading all these reviews? I've read some, but nothing of any great import was written.

7. I've got a hard-on for a Laverda triple & been studying prices. It seems that once a motorcycle gets to a certain age the guys who lusted after them are too old & decrepit to ride, this really seems to stall values. Unless you're dealing with Vincents or Brough Superior end of town, then your Oligarchs wheel out to collect.

8. It came over very well as a fairly nimble low/medium speed "fun" bike and would be great for short journey commuting. For me, jury is still out re: overall reliability, and with a sparse dealership network, ditto spares availability, I decided not worth the risk right now.

9. Yes, the engine is something of an unknown quantity. I'd like to know if its reliable and repairable (spares) but equally if it can be tuned to higher performance. If 40bhp could be 55...

I have a plan to test ride one once the weather warms up. There is a dealership in Fleetwood, so a daytrip to Blackpool with this incorporated is in my future.

• Like Like x 1
  10. I am ill - it looks OK to me!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Not sure about stiffys viewing motorcycles perhaps change your weekly subscription, This could be the natural cycle in the marketplace then based on humans beings...don't get any younger.:sob:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. If my theory is correct the two stroke market should start to cool in next 10yrs or so.

13. The same with the stock exchange markets i guess, more ups & downs than a skyscraper elevator and picking your moment when you strike is key.

14. @kevinTallant, buy my dads lovely Lav.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Under £10k for a forum member discount.:p

16. I've no idea, but if you don't ask you'll never know!..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I'm still chucking money at a 'cheap' sps at moment, the dream of Laverdas will have to wait a few years!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Yes i'm always asking when i see folks out on the streets in cars or bikes that question, i'd recently with a 65 plate defender in a petrol station but unfortunately it was a big fat No.

19. Tell us more please.:thinkingface:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information