1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

1. I don't remember them being considered very desirable back in the day. Suzuki GT250's then, then Yamaha's RD's became the bikes to have.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. I think its at the stage now were every two stroke is getting desirable and expensive, the kh250 is a slow bike around 70-75 mph and there weight is very heavy compared to an rd350lc which has most components made of plastic.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  3. You may be right about all 2T bikes being desirable these days, you're certainly right about the KH speed & weight. Plastic LC's? Not too sure about that.

The great bikes of the mid 70's / early 80's era are head and shoulders better & have been expensive for some while. These are GT250, X7, RGV's & Ts185, DT175, RD250 & 400, LC250 & 350 plus RG500, GT750, 750 H2 and Z1B900 (4T). Personally I think the other models are just being swept along in the nostalgia. I may have missed out a *bike or two but the above are the ones to have.

*Honda Elsinore & XT500, ballistic PE400.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. you've brought back memories of all the, mainly newspaper type reports citing the 750 version as an un-tamable bucking bronco when it was released. There will be many more on here with memories, I never rode one.

• Like Like x 2
  5. The H2... Total hoodlum delinquent bike. I knew a guy who wheelied his almost vertical everytime I saw him leave the Fox & Hounds -mad as a fish. No idea how he survived really.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. IIRC, At the time, Bike magazine research concluded the typical KH250 owner only had six brian cells.

Still waiting for this to come up in a pub quiz, along with ‘who had the worlds stickiest bogey’ (ans - Toxteth O’Grady)

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. I spent 3 years rebuilding a kh250 b5 model which is ok as MrsRoadtrip keeps telling me I only have 2 brain cells :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information