1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

• Agree Agree x 3
  1. Yes and no doubt comes standard with a government dictatorship speech everytime you roll the throttle back through a loud speaker......................beam me up Scotty..

• Like Like x 1
  2. At £3420 start price what's not to like, just a broken clock and wheels a little rough around the edges.:thinkingface:

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yes 100%, but he did win it in a competition so the price might be better than the normal market prices.

4. What was I thinking? Nothing really; it just sat at the back of my garage gathering dust. I got out of bikes many years ago, but kept the 916 as I think it's a lovely looking bike. Just figured that maybe someone would appreciate it a little more and maybe get some use out of it. I put it on eBay summer 2020, but got messed around by the 'winner'. Fortunately, one of the members of this forum appraised me of it's rarity and suggested it might be an idea to keep hold of it.

I've no desire to get into the whole 'Varese' debate; I'll leave that to the anoraks. Nor am I going to come across all 'I know what I've got; try to find another' bollocks. It's a genuine bike. Whether you believe or disbelieve that is up to you. I rode it for a couple of years in the late '90's, bought all the latest 'Blades, R1's, 'Busa's, a few supernakeds, then more sedate stuff, but always kept the 916, even though it was never ridden. All the others are long gone, and this is, quite frankly, just in the way. I keep tripping over it. So now it's time to move it on.

As for being a money-pit; why would that be? Is it too punitive to re-commission? Almost everything is there. I assume that most folk interested would be capable of bringing it back to life without paying someone £100/hr labour. I had a message via someone on eBay saying he knew someone who has been quoted £5k to put a 916 back on the road after a few years laid up. Seems a bit rich.

If anyone wants it, fine. If they don't, then also fine. Having seen some of the ludicrous prices original parts go for, it'd probably be worth more broken anyway. Now there's an idea...

Anyway XH558; hope that answers your question.

• Like Like x 8
  5. That explains a lot of things and thankyou for sticking your head above the parapet with answering the comment, much appreciated and hopefully this helps others decide wether to buy or not.:upyeah:

Do Not Sell My Personal Information