1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ebay Bikes

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Rob, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Oh no,..... that poor unfortunate seller, if he only knew the amount of flack he was about to subject himself to..

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. An easy fix surely, just remove and place two rubber plugs inplace or repair properly if you want that complete look.

3. I have never understood the logic of fitting crash bungs that require you to drill a hole in an undamaged panel for the minimum benefit they offer!:thinkingface:

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. I would walk away from bike with 'crash bungs' drilled through fairings.
    Firstly they've ruined half decent fairings & secondly who wants to buy a bike from some moron who's planning to crash?

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Above posts are making me smile, I remember a friend of mine on here, David just happened to put some pictures up of his 998 with crash bungs and the poor fellow never heard the last of it, you would think he had murdered the pope, the thread went on and on and on. Last time I spoke to him he was still in therapy.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. How has he managed to insert the bungs inside the air vents where they will not come into contact until the fairing is wrecked?

Walk away.....

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Good point that, run away :D

8. they have those "out on a limb" type brackets under the fairing I think? - kartman sold a pair recently for a 1098.

9. Apparently he's something to do with aerodynamics.

10. On a 748......:p

11. That joke backfired on me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. That was the 6k rusty no runner I went to look at late last year. It was in Malvern at a superbike factory type place.
    It had some odd stickers which look like they have been removed, maybe that explains the white panel on the lower fairing which wasn't there when I viewed it. It still has the hole in the carbon sleeve on one exhaust. Looks like new discs, tyres and for that price hope it runs.
    I did take some close up pics but since buying my superlight I deleted them all.
    See page 859.

13. This one [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#18356 Roadtrip, Jan 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. I went and looked at the yellow 900sl for sale at motorbikes4all today. I rang them on Monday to say I was coming first thing Saturday and I would ring again on Friday to check it was still available. I rang Friday and said I would be there first thing Saturday. I got a call late Friday afternoon saying the bike wouldn't start, fair enough thanks for letting me know. I half guessed it wouldn't as they like to be stated and run once a month and they've had it up for sale for a fair while.
    So left at 6:30 this morning 3 hrs and 198 miles to get there.
    It looked half decent from a distance and thought a bargain and deal could be in the offing, but closer inspection revealed that not to be.
    The fairing panels and tank are all good enough, some of the wheels are a bit scabby but it is 20 odd years old and I except that, but there was lots of corrosion on the frame and the headlight bracket was a right rotten mess. Rusty orange chain and discs too, the tyres had about 10psi in them too, I reckon it could have stood upright on its own.very pitted forks also Bit disappointed but you have to view these potential purchases in the flesh and I'm I did. So just over 400 odd miles and a few hours in the car talking to my dad was a pleasant enough day. There and back at an average speed of 61mph and 66mpg for less than £50 in a diesel Nissan note bargain motoring!. Unlike the bike I went to look at. Viewing the bike in that condition gave me no confidence in them getting the bike running either.

• Useful Useful x 1
  15. Is that the one with pictures above your post?

16. Not sure what happened i tried to get words first then Doggys photos but will save people searching.

#18359 Roadtrip, Jan 29, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2022
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  17. Perhaps in the future ask for a walk round video before you set off.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information