1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ebay Tracker Any Good?

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by DanSS600, Mar 20, 2020.

1. I have it installed and it works.

Pros. Cheap. Small. Battery back up works when main power is cut. Very cheap to use with a Lebara SIM.

Cons. Set up instructions are vague and some functions dont work. When its moving the location tracking is spot on, when parked for 24hrs it seems to become less accurate. The SMS location function has never worked but I use the app on my phone and this has been fine.

2. I have now found out that after standing for a week with the tracker connected there isn't enough power left to spin the starter.

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. For those that have recommended monimoto, any issues with heat from the exhausts if mounted nearby?

4. Good to know.
    My one arrived today so I'll get it up and running soon.

5. I think I have worked out why I am not getting text message alerts from mine - the APN is set to Vodafone not Lebara.
    The bike is with a mechanic at the moment so I can't get the SIM out to reset it but I will do it next week.

6. Just a follow up on using one of these trackers if anyone is interested.
    The tracker referred to by the OP. Link is now broke but it's the one in pic below.
    I ended up installing the tracker in my car. It has been in there about a month now. I am using the '1p Mobile' SIM.
    So far all is good. I would regularly check the car when parked to check the accuracy of the location and it is always bang on.
    I have set up geofences at places I regularly park (work etc) which you can store in the app on a list of favourites. When tested the app notifies instantly once outside the set area.
    The 'historical route' function is very accurate if you decide to view that and shows where the tracker has been. Data presented includes date, time of day, speed, stops, mileage.
    When using the text command for location (text 123 to the SIM number) you get an instant reply of location which costs me 1p. I don't really use that much, I just look at the app. The app will show you if the tracker is connected to power and if ACC is on or off. If the SIM goes offline due to network problems the app notifies you of signal loss.
    Cost so far is a steady 1p a day (screenshot below).
    I paid £12 for the tracker on WISH and my £10 top-up on '1p Mobile' lasts me for 6 months on the deal I got.
    There's maybe better out there but the '1p mobile' app is easy to use and shows a break down of data hour by hour which out of interest shows the tracker is constantly communicating with the app. The small amount of data used hourly doesn't seem to generate a cost and '1p mobile' just charge 1p daily at midnight.
    Just to add, they charge 1p per MB of data.
    All hardly breaking the bank.

tracker.jpg

Image-1.jpg

Image-1 (1).jpg

• Useful Useful x 2
  7. No issues with mine. Working well so far and they are a good company to deal with. Respond promptly and extended my free SIM period to 5 months. Real easy to set up and simple instructions.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information